Carpets not only act as an additional décor to our space but they also help to keep the room warmer. Laid on the floor or surface, they tend to be the one single thing accessible and used by almost everyone in a home thus gets dirty easily.
That said, proper care and maintenance of your carpet are paramount in order to keep a clean home and maintain the fabric and service delivery of your carpet. Tested and proven the best vacuum for carpet cleaning comes in handy in easing carpet cleaning which would be near impossible without vacuum cleaners.
Earlier versions of vacuum cleaners were heavier, bulkier, and difficult to use, but the latest models are quite lightweight and compact. They come with easy to follow manuals and advanced models like the robotic vacuums can be operated from the app.
Top 5 Best Vacuum For Wool Rugs and Hardwood Floors: Editor Pick’s
|1||Dirt Devil Endura Reach Upright Bagless Vacuum...||$59.96||Buy on Amazon|
|2||BISSELL Featherweight Stick Lightweight Bagless...||$33.98||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Eureka Airspeed Ultra-Lightweight Compact Bagless...||$69.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||BISSELL 2252 CleanView Swivel Upright Bagless...||$106.44||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Shark NV358 Navigator Lift-Away Professional...||$120.44||Buy on Amazon|
There are several vacuum cleaners in the market. Below we have created a list for you containing vacuum for carpet reviews inclusive of some of the best versions available with regard to functionality, service, and performance.
15 Best Vacuum For Wool Rugs and Hardwood Floors Reviews:
1. Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum for Carpet
- Lift-Away: Lift Away the detachable pod and easily clean, above-floor areas like stairs and furniture.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- Powerful, lightweight, and versatile at only 14 lbs.
- Brushroll shutoff allows you to instantly switch from deep carpet cleaning to gentle bare floor cleaning.
- Swivel Steering for excellent control to maneuver around furniture.
With the shark navigator, all factors to ease your vacuum process are in consideration. It is a lightweight but powerful vacuum that is portable and versatile for all your cleaning needs.
It is designed with the lift-away technology activated by a press of a button that lifts off the canister and allows the head to penetrate hard to reach ends and corners.
As the best vacuum for carpet cleaning, it comes with an anti-allergen seal technology combined with a HEPA filter that helps in trapping dust, allergens keeping you safe from irritations and allergies. It is also a safe appliance for asthma patients.
It allows vacuuming of both hard bare surfaces and deep carpets since the brush roll can be shut on/off for a specific surface. Maneuver it around your furniture easily with the controlled swivel steering.
Though it doesn’t come with the pet power brush, the upholstery tool is wide enough for quick removal of household dirt.
- Lift away technology
- Anti-allergen technology plus HEPA filters
- Motorized brush roll with on /off button
- Swivel steering
- Wide upholstery tool
2. Shark APEX Upright Vacuum with DuoClean
No products found.
That yeah! Feeling you get when a home appliance delivers beyond your expectations is exactly how you feel with the shark Apex vacuum cleaner service.
The best upright vacuum for carpet cleaning is designed with you in mind. By you to mean all you seek from a vacuum cleaner you get. A cleaner with a duo clean technology allowing you to deep clean your carpets with an option to engage bare floors without leaving marks for a final pristine look. Lift away the canister and extend it to reach under furniture.
Make use of the available Upholstery tool, and the 12-inch duster crevice tool for a much better clean. Pick up all pet hair easily with the pet power brush.
You also need not worry about safety as it is an antiallergenic vacuum with the advanced HEPA filter.it also cleans itself thanks to the Zero maintenance feature.
All you need is to turn it on and get cleaning.
Highlighted features include
- Advance anti-allergen seal technology
- HEPA filters
- Zero maintenance technology
- Duo brush roll technology
- Lift away capabilities
3. eufy [BoostIQ] RoboVac 30C, Robot Vacuum Cleaner, Wi-Fi, Super-Thin,
No products found.
No products found.RoboVac 30C, Robot Vacuum Cleaner, Wi-Fi, Super-Thin”]
eufy [BoostIQ] RoboVac 30C best vacuum for a carpet cleaner is your sure definition of a capable, reliable and stress-free home appliance. Featuring sleek premium design and robotic by nature, you only need to give commands from the iRobot Home app and let it do its work.
It is inbuilt with a full suite of intelligent sensors that guide it around the home, as it maneuvers while cleaning. The sensors detect dirt capacity to mean, the robot will work harder on areas with concentrated dirt. Your cleaning is done in three stages, loosens, lifts and suctions the dirt a process that ensures the area is left sparkling.
As a plus, the Dual multi-surface brushes will pick the tiniest of particles while Dual mode virtual wall barrier that keeps it away from bumping into your walls and where it actually supposed to clean. You can auto adjust the cleaning head as it works on your carpets and surfaces.
If that’s not enough, the best robot vacuum for carpet gives you map reports of work done after a scheduled cleaning. It can work up to 90minutes before a recharge, enough time to have cleared all the mess.
- 3 stage cleaning system
- Dual multi-surface brushes
- Patented dirt detectors
- Essential include; Edge sweeping brush, Wi-Fi connectivity
4. Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe FH50150
- EASY DEEP CLEANING: SpinScrub brushes powerfully removes deep-embedded dirt and stains with 360 degree brushes and strong suction while being gentle on your carpet
- FASTER DRYING: HeatForce for faster drying so you can get back on your carpets quickly
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Less than 19 pounds, pick up and go wherever the mess is with ease
- AN EVEN CLEAN: With the Dual V Nozzle. Handle Material-Plastic
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: 8ft hose to deep clean hard-to-reach areas, stair tool, upholstery tool, crevice tool, and sample bottle of carpet cleaning solution
Well, some of our homes need more than just a vacuum cleaner, we need a strong and powerful tool that will scrub and lift off the embedded dirt and debris without faulting. The tool for this is Hoover FH50150.
This is a powerful upright best vacuum for carpet cleaner designed for all those tough stubborn dirt on our surface. It features a dual tank one for the clean water and the other for the dirty water after cleaning. The automatic detergent mixer creates a good balance of water and soap.
The spin scrub brush system that offers a heated 360 degrees round for deep cleaning carpets lifting off and removing tough dirt and speeding up the dry time. The Dual V Nozzle offers a strong suction that cleans up quickly and no wasted time.
While appearing bulky, the Hoover vacuum is actually a lightweight of only 19pound. You can carry it up the stairs and use the 8” Hose and Upholstery tool for hard to reach areas.
Fill, empty and clean the tanks easily with the smart tank system.
Highlighted features include
- Smart tank system and dual tank
- The spin scrub brush system
- Heat force
- Dual V nozzle
- It comes with a stair tool, crevice tool, upholstery and a bottle of solution.
5. Eureka PowerSpeed Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Powerful vacuum cleaner: The dynamic motor and brush roll can lift stubborn and heavy debris. Plus, the 12.6” wide nozzle cleans more with a quickness.
- 10 pounds lightweight upright vacuum: The EurekaPowerSpeed is pretty lightweight and easy to maneuver. Designed for whole home clean.
- 5 height adjustment: It works well on carpets, shag rug, hard floors etc. Smooth wheels ensures hardwood floors won’t sustain scratches or gouges.
- 4.1L extra-large capacity: The extra-large dust cup holds more dirt and requires less frequent emptying. Clean more, empty less.
- Multiple accessories included: A quick-release handle connected to the stretch hose for above-floor cleaning. A 7-inch-long crevice tool, dusting brush, and upholstery tool help clean hard-to-reach areas. Extract dirt, pet hair, freshen up your car, curtains, celings or door frames. For your convenience, they are all stored right on board.
With a nice bluish appearance, the Eureka NEU182A will offer your home a powerful clean therapy leaving it all fresh and tidy.
Featuring a dynamic motor coupled with a strong brush roll, dust, heavy debris, and stubborn stains are lifted off your carpet with powerful suction and the nozzle cleans up quite fast. Depending with what you need to clean adjust the height up or down and work on your shag rugs, carpet or hard floors
Your collected dirt goes into an available extra-large cup meaning less frequent emptying, but when you do is a simple easy chore
It comes with all the tools you need including a 7” crevice tool, the upholstery tool and the dusting brush. It is also easy to assemble and use. It is light to carry upstairs and ha smooth wheel that leaves no stains or scratches on hardwood floors.
Conveniently extract dirt, pet hair from your, carpet, door frames or car with the Eureka NEU182A
Highlighted features include
- Powerful suction
- Lightweight 10lbs
- Large capacity dust bin
- Height adjustment (5 heights)
- Accessories; long crevice tool, quick release handle
6. Miele Electro+ Canister Vacuum Marine Blue (Compact C2)
- Air clean sealed system. Nominal power consumption in W : 1,100
- 6 stage variable speed Miele Made Vortex silence motor
- HEPA air clean filter. Filterbag volume in Liter: 3.5. Seb228 Electro+
- Optimum carpet care - electrobrush for intensive deep cleaning. Gentle on sensitive hard floors - soft parquet brush. Maximum suction power – 1,200 W
- Sbb parquett-3 hard floor nozzle.Telescopic suction wand:Electro telescopic tube
Miele Compact C2 canister is a first-class quality vacuum cleaner made with German engineering of reliable and efficient home appliances.
The compact super home appliance comes in a nice blue color that resonates well with our homes.it is built with technologies and tools that will ensure efficiency and reliable cleaning.
It features a Vortex motor of 1200 W for increased power efficiency with an air cleaner system combine with HEPA filters that protect you from inhaling dust, dirt, and allergens.
The 6-setting suction control facilitates adjustment of the rotary dial on the vacuum so you select high or low suction in line with your type of cleaning. You obviously don’t need high power for light jobs.
Clean your floors effortlessly with the Electro plus floor head that features five-level height adjustment capabilities for quick but intensive cleaning. The wide suction sucks up all dirt while gliding smoothly in its path.
Expect an exceptionally long service delivery.
- Accessories; dusting brush, upholstery, and crevice tool
- Air clean sealed system
- HEPA filters
- Electro plus pure suction floor head
- Suction control
- Miele Vortex Motor
7. Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Lightweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner Dark Black
- 3-in-1 design with onboard crevice tool allows you to customize your vacuum for your needs. At only 4 pounds, you can take the Eureka blaze anywhere
- Eureka's signature swivels steering improves maneuverability and cleaning efficiency when compared to standard stick vacuums
- Eureka's capture nozzle picks up larger debris with ease unlike other stick vacuums that push larger particles around. Perfect for hard floors, area rugs, and low pile carpets
- Powerful 2 amp motor picks up particles like dust and pollen, while the washable filtration system captures the debris and improves air quality
- 18' power cord and X-Large dust cup ensure you get the job done faster - No more outlet hopping or frequent trips to the trash can with the Eureka blaze. 9.44 inch cleaning
One good factor about the best stick vacuum for carpet is its slim non-bulky design that makes them the ultimate go-to vacuum cleaner for your carpet cleaning. The EUREKA STICK NES210 is nothing short of that. It features a slim body with a lightweight of only 4pounds you can take it anywhere.
Customize it with the 3 in 1 design that can transform it from a stick vacuum to a hand vacuum and further a stair vacuum and clean all areas effortlessly. After deciding on your design, suck up both large small particles freely without snowplowing them.
Maneuver smoothly across the room, on your furniture with the swivel steering picking up fast. Due to its versatility, attached is an 18 ft power cord that allows you to pull from wall to wall without hopping.
Have fun cleaning as you pick up all those bad things off your surfaces without worry about air pollution since all the tiny particles are filtered in the washable filtration. A more environmentally friendly and safe vacuum.
Highlighted features include
- 3 in 1 design – stick, hand, stair vacuum
- The nozzle can pick up large debris
- Powerful motors
- 18 ft. cord
- Extra- Large dust cup
8. Shark HV382 Rocket DuoClean Ultra-Light Corded
- Duoclean technology: Dual brushroll system deep cleans carpets and directly engages floors for a polished look.
- Ultra lightweight it converts into a 4.5 pounds handheld vacuum for versatile above floor cleaning.
- Brushroll garage for easy access to the brushroll for maintenance.
- Pet multi tool; Designed to capture embedded pet hair on all surfaces
- Led lights on the floor nozzle and handheld vacuum to help spot hidden debris throughout your home
I personally love cordless vacuum due to their simplicity in structure while proving capable in their function. They are easy to handle and use without the unnecessary cumbersomeness that may be experienced with other types.
The Shark DUO is one of my best cordless handheld vacuum for carpet. It features a bristle brush roll with a powerful suction that will scrub out and pull off any dirt and stuck in debris. While cleaning the brush rolls directly engage the floor it works on polishing the floors as required.
Make no mistake to underestimate this vacuum. At 10lbs in weight, it can pull in high piles and attack large debris, sucking them all in whatever surface. The powerful LED lights help in spotting hidden dirt while the nozzle cleans up sending them to the large dust cup that is twice the size of the original.
Do more while experiencing smooth cleaning with the multipurpose soft brush roll.
Highlighted features include
- Fingertip control
- LED lights
- Dual brush Roll
- 2x capacity dust cap
- Does not lose suction
9. EUREKA FLOOR ROVER NEU562A
- Easy-to-maneuver: The swivel steering provides easy maneuverability to clean between or under the furniture.
- Fluent Cleaning: Easy-glide big wheel technology that easily glides over all floor surfaces
- No Suction Lose: Multi-stage cycle system that never loses suction.
- Economical: The easy-to-empty dust cup removes all replacement and maintenance cost of dust bags.
- Accessories: On-board accessories included: 2-in-1 upholstery tool, pet turbo brush and 16-inch crevice tool.
One of the main requirements for a vacuum cleaner is the ability to maneuver. An aspect that assures a user the vacuum can reach the most impossible areas with ease. The Eureka Floor Rover offers that feature and more.
It is an upright and bagless best vacuum for a carpet cleaner with features that allow it to perform a thorough cleaning on your floor and carpets.
Its main features include a swivel steering for easy getting around. Onboard accessories; the 2 in 1 upholstery tool that will coax dust from your carpets without causing damage, the 16-inch crevice tool to get into those tight spots, the pet turbo brush that will better grab and remove stuck pet hair.
The multi-stage cyclone operation system keeps the suction power as should by separating the large and small particles while the release valve allows opening or closing of the suction for optimal maneuvering.
It is a comfortable hold to your hands so you work well with no slips. Its dust cap is large enough meaning you don’t empty it frequently, it is washable hence no buying replacement bags.
The filters are also washable making the machine a zero maintenance tool.
Highlighted features include
- No loss of suction with the multi-stage cyclone system
- Advanced swivel steering
- Pet turbo brush
- Ergonomic handle
- Suction release valve
- Washable filters and large dust cup
10. Hoover WindTunnel 3 Max Performance Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- PERFECT FOR PETS: Multi-purpose pet tools tackle stubborn pet hair and dirt on furniture, stairs and hard to reach areas
- CARBON HEPA FILTRATION: Love your pet, not their smell with odor-absorbing filters. Dirt cup capacity - 1.42 liters
- POWERFUL SUCTION: WindTunnel 3 Technology with 3 channels of suction create efficient air flow from the extra-wide nozzle to the large capacity dirt cup
- PERFECT FOR CARPET AND HARDFLOOR: On/Off brushroll helps effortlessly transition from carpets to hard floors with the touch of a button
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Reach further and with greater versatility with 15 feet of extended reach. Includes pet turbo tool, pivoting dusting tool, and crevice tool
Featuring some of the latest technologies in vacuum cleaning the Hoover T-series comes equipped with wind tunnel technology that suctions through a single channel lifting and removing both surface and embedded dirt.
It also has adjustable height to five positions that adjust the brush roll to either high while cleaning thick carpets and low for hard floors like wood and tiles.
For easy accessibility, it comes with a 25-foot power cord that rewinds from the source of power and retracts back inside once work is done. Stretch out the 8foot hose attached to either a crevice tool or a dusting brush or an air-powered turbo tool and reach all spaces, and fabrics for perfect cleaning experience.
You also get the rare opportunity to note when your filters need cleaning.
- Wind tunnel technology
- System check indicator
- 25-foot rewind cord
- Lightweight under 17 pounds
- Adjustable height – 5 positions
11. Soniclean Soft Carpet Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Developed with the leading global manufacturer of premium carpet. Designed to easily and properly clean all types of soft style carpets with pile lengths less than 1 inch.
- The only vacuum to use patented SONIC CARPET CLEANING TECHNOLOGY. The sonic bar on the bottom of the vacuum produces 200 vibrations per second of high frequency sonic energy that dislodges the deeply embedded dirt and particulate in the carpet pile.
- Ultra-soft bristle brushroll, designed to be extra gentle on carpet fibers.
- Patented EZ-Push adjustable vent system and lightweight design (weighs only 10.5lbs) allows the vacuum to be easily pushed and pulled across thick carpets.
- Hospital-grade H13 HEPA filtration system captures 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns in size - ideal for allergy sufferers.
Our final expectation after vacuuming is to have a cleaner version of the carpet but it some instances that’s not always the case. Some vacuum cleaners tend to be difficult to pull therefore resulting in the fuzzy and worn carpet. Soniclean soft vacuum cleaner is your go-to option if your previous vacuum is causing you trouble.
It is an upright vacuum cleaner specifically designed for soft style carpeting. Starting with the base, it has large front wheels that move smoothly floating over the carpet, without pulling or damaging the carpet fabric. The brush rolls are of special soft nylon that is effective and gentle while picking up dirt from the soft premium synthetic or wool carpets.
It comes with an inclusive adjustable vent system facilitating an easy push and pull. Sonic cleaning technologies to produce at least 200vibrations per second an advanced technique proven to loosen tough and embedded dirt on the carpet without tempering with the carpet’s quality.
Select the deep cleaning mode t for vacuuming high traffic soiled areas and the quiet mode works well for lighter jobs leaving a nice fresh fragrance.
- EZ push vent system
- Sonic cleaning technology – higher vibrations per second
- Multi-speed motors with deep cleaning and quiet modes
- Soft brush roll
- H13 HEPA filtration
- Accessories; 35ft power cord, sonic fresh fragrance, full bag indicator, jam protection feature
12. Kenmore Elite 31150 Pet Friendly Bagged Upright Beltless Vacuum
- BAGGED UPRIGHT VACUUM: Remove pet hair, dust and more with this multifloor, multi-surface designed vacuum for use in your home, den, or kitchen with a wide sweeper path
- PET HANDIMATE: Air driven turbine spins roller brush to high RPM easily removing dander, stubborn pet hair and other debris off furniture, stairs, car and van seats and out of your vehicle
- TRIPLE HEPA FILTER SYSTEM: Enhanced HEPA filter system traps 99. 97% of debris, trapping dander and dust inside the vacuum reducing allergy-induced pollutants in the room
- POWERFUL CLEANING: 3D Inducer Motor combines power of 3 motors that give you 20% more air power than a conventional vacuum while never loosing suction. The Beltless Agitator reduces maintenance and repairs
- 3 ATTACHMENTS-EXTENDED REACH: Flexible hose and lightweight aluminum wand lengthen to reach 10'. Dusting brush, crevice tool and second bare floor tool for convenient cleaning transitions
We all love a tool that gets it! A tool that delivers. A tool that makes the job lighter while giving exemplary results. That tool is Kenmore Handmade 31150. All factors considered, the Kenmore 31150 outperform its predecessors and competitors. Its features come multiplied, advanced, and incorporate users’ needs for optimal performance.
The version is an upright bagged vacuum cleaner that tackles the task with ease facilitated by the inducer motor giving more airflow. It also has powerful pet hair pickup rollers that are air driven while the adjustable wand is detached to stretch to 10” perfect for thorough cleaning of tight surfaces.
Work smoothly with versatile tools including the 10” horse, the crevice tool, and the bustling brush. It also comes with sensors that will turn on the LED light telling you where to focus more on and the long 30” cord allows you to cover more area.
It has a triple HEPA filter making it usable for the person with allergies or asthma issues and protects the rest from inhaling harmful particles.
- Ideal for Allergy sufferers
- 5 height adjustments positions for optimal cleaning performance
- Dirt sensor for efficient cleaning
- 3D Inducer motor for more air
- Aluminum telescoping wand
13. Dyson V11 Torque Drive Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Blue
- Dyson's most intelligent, powerful cordless vacuum. Twice the suction of any cordless vacuum.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Engineered for whole-home, deep cleaning. Suction power, run time and tools designed to deep clean your whole home.
- Intelligently optimizes suction and run time across all floor types. The right balance of power and run time when you need it.
- Up to 60 minutes of run time. Engineered for larger homes with pets. Actual run time will vary based on power mode, floor type and/or attachments used.
For those looking for a simple and capable vacuum cleaner, the DYSON V11 is your go-to option.
Unlike other varieties in cord-free vacuum c, V11 is the best cordless vacuum for carpet. It comes with twice the suction power, a superior feature to its competitors. It also has a high torque cleaner head that when setting in auto mode it intelligently and continuously senses where the dirt is and adapts to the required power for efficient cleaning. The sensor will change the motor speeds depending on the surface it is running on. It somehow leads itself.
The brush roll is made from stiff nylon bristles that go deep into your carpet lifting off the dirt while the soft carbon fibers filaments work on capturing dust and the filtration machine captures up to 99 percent of microscopic particles.
It also features an LCD screen that displays machine performance. These include the current performance, selected power mode, remaining run time, maintenance alerts, and reminders.
When work is done, dock it conveniently on the docking station and allow it to charge ready for the next job. On a full charge, the vacuum is usable for up to 60 minutes
A powerful head that adapts to different floors and the LCD screen are the selling points for the V11 vacuum.
- Dyson dynamic load sensor system
- A powerful head with; unique battery power system, automatic sensors
- LCD displays for status, and work performance
- Allergy-friendly, Machine filtration capturing 99.97 percent of particles
- Works as a both cordless and handheld vacuums
- Minimal noise in operation
14. KingSo Vacuum Cleaner Cordless, 2 in 1 Upright Handheld Stick Vacuum
No products found.
The KingSo Cordless offers you more cleaning power and efficiency than you bargained for. It will work your carpet and surface, not leaving any traces of dirt for a pristine finish.
Its main features include; transforming from the best cordless stick vacuum for the carpet to a handheld option. Use it anyway with ease. It has a high professional cyclonic suction power of up to a 9000PA for thorough deep cleaning. Available is a max mode for higher power cleaning of stubborn stains and the standard model, lower power for sucking up debris, dust, and pet hair.
Persons with asthma or allergies are well protected when using the KingSo cordless as it comes with HEPA filters locking those dust particles away. Dust is stored in a dust container that you can easily empty and clean.
It is a light tool and can be mounted on the wall as a storage area.
Highlighted features include
- Two gear cleaning mode; max and standard
- 2 in 1 vacuum; cordless stick and handheld
- Washable filter cotton
- 120W high-speed motor
- 9000PA suction power
- LED lights
No products found.
15. COSTWAY Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- 【Multi-level Filtration】6 levels filtration system protects you from secondary pollution, and you can live with the fresh air all the way.
- 【Powerful Performance】Equipped with 1200W, this canister vacuum works fast and efficiently. It helps you clean all types of surfaces deeply with nonstop suction.
- 【Versatile Tools】This canister vacuum includes 2 tools for different situation. Not only can it be used for floor cleaning, but also it is ideal for cleaning the corner and gap.
- 【Adjustable Suction Power】The adjustable suction power can meet your different needs for cleaning conveniently and safely.
- 【Large Range for Cleaning】This canister vacuum provides long working diameter, which avoided the trouble of changing outlets continually.
The C filter is one little canister vacuum that offers more than required. As the best vacuum for carpet, it is a petite appliance, it is easily underestimated yet proves us wrong each time.
First, it produces very little noise when in operation, hence not destructive to other individuals who may be studying or sleeping.
Secondly, the horse pipe is long enough to maneuver a larger room and the head has a powerful suction that pickups the tiniest of dirt and debris. By adding attachments, it becomes a multipurpose machine as works both on carpet and floor.
It has a strong suction that quickly cleans up the mess and removes the stubborn dirt, dust, and debris from your carpet. Works well for both soft and rough carpets.
It has a retractable cord that helps in covering more ground and organized storage.
Its small size makes it light and movable. A good alternative when cleaning up the stairs.
- Low noise
- Retractable cord
- And adjustable horse pipe
- Manageable petite weight
Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Select Vacuum For Carpet
There are a bunch of brands offering all kinds of vacuum cleaners. The decision-making process can be tiring and confusing. Before you get to that, the below information is what you need to know and look for when buying one.
Features to look for in choosing a suitable vacuum cleaner
Type of vacuum cleaner
The kind of cleaning you do or how you intend to use your vacuum cleaner determines the type of vacuum you select. If you are cleaning rugs or a wall to wall carpet; consider upright vacuums. They are good at deep cleaning rugs while canisters are best for staircases and hard surfaces cleaning.
Robotic and handheld vacuums work well with light jobs like pick up spilled cereals off the floor. They are perfect for those who do not want to carry around a heavy body vacuum with a bag or those who don’t want to deal with the vacuum at all-just turn on the robot and control it from your app as it does its magic!
Central vacuums, on the other hand, are strong competitors to uprights and canisters. They are powerful machines for heavy work.
Uprights and canisters are by default larger, so it becomes hard for them to get into small corners and so will require attachments when cleaning for a pristine finish.
A Large size cleaner needs a larger storage area. If space is of concern consider robotic, stick or handheld vacuums.
Also to be considered; is your height. Tall people will tire fast while using a short vacuum, causing strain to their backs and waist. Central, Canister, stick, and upright vacuums suit them better. The same is true for shorter individuals to find a suitable height vacuum cleaner or an adjustable one.
The weight of your vacuum cleaner is a concern mainly if you have to carry it around. Say cleaning up the stairs, a heavy vacuum will be cumbersome and tiresome. A lightweight of below 20lbs is preferred.
Selecting between a motorized brush and a suction-powered, motorized brush have it! It cleans carpets better and has a switch to deactivate the brush.
Check to know if your preferred vacuum has controlled. These allow height adjustments and suction speeds for easier usage of the vacuum. You can decide the height on which you want to work with and adjust the suction for delicate fabrics.
The best filters for a vacuum are labeled HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air). These filters keep away any pollen, dust mite or microscopic particles that may aggravate allergies and asthma. One may inhale these particles while emptying the vacuum bag.
So it best to have a HEPA filter coupled with a good bag emptying system. A proper bag emptying system is one with a sealed disposable bag.
If suffering from allergies a bagless vacuum is not for you. Though it saves on the cost of purchasing a bag. Bagged vacuums may be bulkier but are good in the storage of the dust collected.
Given vacuum cleaners produce a certain noise while in use but canisters prove to be quieter than others.
Attachments; These may or may not come with the vacuum cleaner but they are effective and make the vacuuming process easier, safer and more efficient. Before purchasing an attachment, get to know if it will actually fit, or if it is usable with your vacuum cleaner.
This is the best attachment for cleaning the stairs and car interiors and small spaces. It has powerful suction, strong enough to reach all corners.
This is a must-have attachment for cleaning couches and seats. The felted fabric makes it ideal for delicate fabrics.
The crevice tool makes work easier when you need to clean tight spots, hard to reach corners, vents, and along the edges. The narrow nozzles reach those had to reach spots picking and pulling out all the dust and dirt.
Dust brush keeps your surfaces from scratches while picking up particles and dust. Best for shelves and wooden surfaces.
Be sure to note what you are looking for.
- How to Clean Shark Vacuum, Dust Cup, Filters, Rolling Brush?
- Best Cordless Stick Vacuum Consumer Reports
- Best Mop For Hardwood Floors Wirecutter – Editor Recommended
How to use the vacuum cleaner for carpet:
Vacuum cleaners are available in different types each of which has its own controls and how to handle it. Despite they all have a common ground as vacuum cleaners and it important to follow their required instructions for optimal performance.
To use a cleaner, you need to first check the main things.
Start with the vacuum bag. Whether a bag or dust cap, clear it out if full, and change when necessary for a longer lifespan. Take note of the height. If adjustable, set to the required height to handle the different required carpet thicknesses. Turn it on; when ready, push the machine to and fro with slow even strokes for better cleaning. Use attachments
How to apply and use attachments:
The crevice tool is usually thinly shaped with an angled tip. You attach to the hose pipe. Thanks to the angled tip and thin shape, it gets into tight nooks, like between sofa cushions, radiator grills. It the best option for hard to reach end sand corners.
Dustin brush is usually round and soft bristles. Mainly used on soft fabrics and fragile surfaces.
The upholstery tool is usually small and flat with stiff bristles. Work well for carpets, cushions removing fur, dust, and dirt.
Follow instructions and you’ll be good to go!
How to take care of vacuum cleaners for carpet:
Considering all the work we put our vacuum cleaners on, it’s only fair to handle it well and care for them. That is if you truly want good performance from it.
The first step in the proper care of your vacuum is how you handle it when well controlled it can give you a much longer and smooth service.
When done with your chore, wash the brush to remove any left debris on the brush. Use clean warm water mixed with a mild detergent to get the job done. Remove remaining hairs or gunk from the brush by combing severally either with a comb or hands. Ensure all brush attachments are cleaned.
After cleaning, take them out on the sun, pat or use rags to dry the bristle brush. It’s best to let them dry completely before using it again.
For the vacuum bags and cups, ensure it is changed and emptied as necessary respectively. You can clean the caps and filters in running water.
Have a constant storage area for your vacuum, keeping it away from possible mishandling by kids and away from unnecessary stumbling.
Turn off power source when not in use, to avoid overheat and potential damage to the interiors.
When its lifespan expires, get new and repeat the care process.
Frequently Asked Question About Best Vacuum For Carpet
#1. What is the best vacuum for a thick carpet?
Our best pick from the list of vacuums for carpet reviews is the SHARK NAVIGATOR it has all features required for a quality and high-performance vacuum. Straight from the incorporated lift-away technology, anti-allergen technology, and the abilities of a swivel steering you are able to carry out cleaning effortlessly in minimal timelines.
Generally, to properly clean thick carpets the vacuum in use should have stiff brush rolls to navigate between the fabrics, powerful suction to lift and suck up tiny debris and remove stubborn dirt. The head should be able to go low into the carpet to facilitate proper cleaning
#2. Does vacuuming ruin the carpet?
This is dependent on the type of vacuum one uses and how they are using it. A wrong type to mean a vacuum that cannot perform a certain task on your carpet will potentially ruin it. Do your research to pick the right one
Using the wrong setting may also ruin your carpet. Say you select a bare floor setting and work on a carpet, this can cause harm. Adjust to the proper height so that no damage is done on the carpet or the vacuum.
Also overworking your carpet, if you are working with light dirt, choose a lower suction power.
But worry not carpets can actually stand being vacuumed
#3. Why you should vacuum your carpet?
The obvious reason is to keep away dirt and dust. Dirt and dust build up on your carpet causing damage to it over time. The buildup when left for long, breaks down underneath the fibers resulting in a non-removable stain.
The process of removing a stain from the carpet could be daunting one or better still impossible, it may not come out. The breakdown can become a breeding ground for dust-mite and bacteria. These can prove tragic when they get into our bodies and cause illness.
Vacuuming your carpet is the best way of keeping your home clean.
#4. How many times should I vacuum my carpet?
As indicated earlier, carpets can stand being vacuumed a couple of times a week without any damage to them. Vacuum your carpet as per your needs. If you have high traffic that brings in soils and dirt, vacuuming every day will be the best option.
Vacuum less if the job is light and you have low traffic. Keep in mind the right settings to work with on the particular job you need to be done.
But for general carpet protection, vacuum only when necessary.
#5. What happens if you never vacuum your carpet?
No vacuuming is a direct ticket to health hazards in your homes and living spaces. Bacteria and dust mite build up on dirt and can infest your home.
You also risk a dirty unhealthy home, no one wants that. The debris also takes a toll on your carpet. The pollen, dead skin, animal fur that is interwoven into your carpet cause it to appear dirty. Some become stains that you cannot remove entirely. Dirt also causes discoloration and makes your carpet unhealthy since it becomes the home to allergens.
An unhealthy carpet wears down faster, therefore decreasing its lifespan.
Do not risk your family’s health and your carpet’s health too, get a vacuum!
The vacuum cleaner is one of the most efficient home appliances in our time. They have advanced over time but newer technologies and designs are still coming up.