Today’s market offers us plenty of choices. While this is in and on itself a good thing, lots of options can cause feelings of confusion and indecision. Decisions have consequences, and it is not far from the truth when you consider buying the best mop for hardwood floors.
If you are stuck, you have come to the right place because this article reviews mop for hardwood floors.
5 Best Mop For Hardwood Floors Wirecutter: Editor Recommended
||Bissell SpinWave Expert Hard Floor Spin Mop, 20393||$89.99||Buy on Amazon|
||Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Microfiber Floor Mop...||$44.99||Buy on Amazon|
||Bona Hardwood Floor Premium Spray Mop||$31.99||Buy on Amazon|
||Spray Mop for Floor Cleaning, Domi-patrol...||$24.64||Buy on Amazon|
||Microfiber Spray Mop for Floor Cleaning, Dry Wet...||$23.97||Buy on Amazon|
We tested and reviewed hundreds of choices and narrowed down to 15 products. You don’t need go out window shopping. We have lifted that pain and burden off of you. All you need to do is to read this article and make your choice. We hope you will benefit from this information.
Best Mop For Hardwood Floors Wirecutter Review:
1. Bissel Power Fresh Steam Mop (1940)
- Clean and sanitize sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals; Eliminates 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria with the natural power of steam
- Power through tough, sticky messes with the flip down easy scrubber
- Choose from high, medium, or low steam based on your cleaning needs with the smart set digital steam control
- Features swivel steering and a 23 foot power cord. Ready to use in 30 seconds
- Includes: (1) microfiber soft pad, (1) microfiber scrubby pad, (2) spring breeze fragrance discs, and a carpet glider. Power rating: 1500 watts. Power Source: Corded
A better alternative than sponge mop, this damp-mopping device is just about the right tool you need to clean and sanitize your hardwood floor with minimal chances of ruining it. While excellent at picking up spills, it’s not just as good at removing dust and dirt.
Bissel Power Fresh Steam Mop won’t disappoint you if you use it on as resilient a floor as a sealed hardwood. For best results, use the steam mop once a week to reduce the susceptibility of your hardwood floor to brittleness.
What’s most striking about this six-pound mop is that you don’t need a proprietary chemical cleaner to restore the sheen of your hardwood floor. And that is a good thing as proprietary chemicals can abrade your floor and irritate people. And so, chemical-free cleaning and sanitizing is a big plus.
What is also noteworthy about this epic damp-mopping device is that it’s lightweight. Thus, it’s gentle on your back, shoulder, and arms when you remove stubborn messes. The 23-feet long power cord ensures you cover a large area, and don’t bend.
What’s even more appealing about this Bissel damp-mopping tool is that the swivel steering contributes to comfortable handling. You will find delight in using this mopping device. This steam mop comes with pads and fragrance discs.
However, you would have to change pads during every cleaning session, as there’s no way to rinse the mop head. Moreover, all these mouthwatering features don’t come cheaply. If you are serious about obtaining the best mop for hardwood floors, you will fork out an excess of $100.
- Chemical-free mess removal
- Ergonomic swivel steering
- Replaceable pads and fragrance discs
- 23-feet long power cord
2. Mopnado Deluxe Flip Mop
- ENJOY A CLEANER HOME FASTER THAN EVER - Our mop system is perfect for cleaning all types of floors, including laminate, hardwood, tile, vinyl, stone, and concrete. Our microfiber mop heads are durable and machine washable, providing money-saving value over traditional mops. The 180* swiveling mop head makes it easy to reach under furniture, while the extendable 56 in. long handle allows you to clean windows and ceiling fans.
- EASIER TO USE THAN THE COMPETITION - Our patented mop plates make rinsing the mop head easier than any other mop on the market. You don't have to spend as much energy to get the mop head to spin. Satisfaction guaranteed.
- YOUR HOME DESERVES THE BEST QUALITY - Our Deluxe Model features large wheels and 2 handles for easy mobility while cleaning. Our spin dry basket is Stainless Steel, unlike our competition who uses plastic or aluminum. The Mopnado handle is also constructed out of stainless steel for durability and backed by our 1 year warranty.
- NEVER BUY ANOTHER FLOOR CLEANING SYSTEM AGAIN - This kit includes 2 microfiber mop heads, a scrub brush attachment and a cleaning solution dispenser built into the mop bucket and the highest quality stainless steel handle set.
- MAKE CLEANING YOUR FLOORS A BREEZE - Perfect for cleaning your hardwood floor, laminate, tile or even concrete. Mop heads are durable and machine washable, better value than cotton mops. The 180* swivel of the mop head makes it easy to reach under furniture, the lock allows you to extend up to clean windows. Save time and clean your floors in half the time.
What sets this looped-end mop apart is wheels, which make it more convenient to glide the bucket across the floor. The stainless steel bucket also contains a built-in cleaning solution dispenser so you can add cleanser in hot water with ease and switch between scrub brushes in less accessible areas.
However, you will find the bucket bulky if the storage space in your place isn’t much. Despite this shortcoming, Mopnado Deluxe Flip Mop is worth every cent.
Not only is it easy to remove and wash the mop head, but you can adjust the stainless steel handle to various lengths. While this handle can’t splinter, it’s heavy. And a heavy handle makes it difficult to wield the best wet mop for hardwood floors, and it can be taxing on your shoulders, back, and arms to clean large areas.
The microfiber pad compensates for this disadvantage because it excels at picking up much dirt and dust in a single pass. And while the built-in wringer on the bucket allows you to squeeze out excess water, much remains in the microfiber pad, and this leaves a wetter floor than you would expect.
For a water-absorbing hardwood floor, this is a drawback. The cleaning solution can also abrade the floor and irritate allergic people. Yet, two extra mop heads, which come with the package, make Mopnado irresistible, as the replacement parts extend the durability. What’s more, you can obtain the best mop for hardwood floors for just under $50.
- Stainless steel bucket with wheels
- Built-in detergent dispenser
- Machine-washable microfiber pads
- Replacement parts
- Stainless steel handle
- Built-in wringer
- Pocket-friendly price
3. Microfiber Wholesale Microfiber Mop
- Completely Clean Your Floors! This microfiber mop includes all you need to leave your floors clean and streak free. Remove dust, pet hair, and crumbs from your floors with the dust mop, then follow up with the wet mop pads for a deeper clean. Works great with just water, no mop bucket needed. (mopping tips included)
- Easy-To-Use, Maneuver, & Assemble! Just stick the mop pads to the bottom of the frame, adjust and lock the handle in place to match your height, and you're ready to go. The mop maneuvers with a full 360° swivel so you can mop under furniture and in-between objects.
- Any Surface: Works great for dry or wet mopping on alll hard surface flooring types including: hardwood, tile, laminate, vinyl, stone, concrete, & more. We've even included 2 microfiber cloths, so you can spot treat those really stubborn debris!
- Extremely Durable - We solved 2 of the biggest issues when it comes to the durability of microfiber mops! First, we opted for a stainless steel handle instead of aluminum to ensure it will never bend or break. Secondly, the strips that attach to the mop pads on the bottom of the frame won't peel off after continually getting wet, we built them into the mop frame instead of super gluing them on.
- Machine Washable Pads - The mop pads and microfiber towels are made to last hundreds of washings without losing their effectiveness. A much better option than using disposable products. Order Today!
When you want to sweep a vast area of floor with every pass, this is the kind of mop you need. It features an 18-inch-wide mop head, which is enough to save your back from fatigue. With an ability like no other to pick up stubborn dust and dirt and penetrate difficult areas, this tool makes dust mopping a breeze.
If you are a pet owner or have children around, you will cherish this mop because it features a long, lightweight handle that enables you to reach tight angles where a manual vacuum can’t penetrate.
With stainless steel makeup, the handle can last to serve you for a long time. The profile-adjustable mop head is a huge plus when you are considering removing pet hairs that have accumulated under your sofa or bed.
Whichever way you deem fit, you can alternate between low profile and high profile, and this flexibility makes the mop all the more special. You can also upgrade or replace the mop head to extend durability. What is most outstanding about Microfiber Wholesale is its versatility.
You can switch from the wet mop to the broom when you clean and dry the chenille stub. What’s more, the microfiber pads are machine-washable. In just under $50, you get all these benefits, and this gives you the biggest bang for your money.
- 18-inch-wide mop head
- Long, lightweight handle
- Machine-washable microfiber pads
- Costs less than $50
- Multipurpose – broom and duster
- Adjustable profile
4. Swiffer WetJet Starter Kit
- ABSORB + LOCK STRIP helps trap dirt & grime deep in pad so it doesn't get pushed around.
- This floor mop is safe on all finished wood floors. Do not use on unfinished, oiled or waxed wooden boards, non-sealed tiles or carpeted floors because they may be water sensitive.
- Designed to give you a great clean and act as a laminate floor cleaner and tile cleaner.
- Starter kit includes 1 power floor spray mop, 3 extra power pad refills, 2 original mopping pad refills, (1) 500ML bottle of cleaning solution, 4 batteries
There is more to this disposable mop than meets the eye. While it may be popular, it may fail to live up to the hype if you use it on hardwood floors. First off, it is disposable. Overall, you will spend a lot of money on replacing the pads. Second, the handle is short, and this compels you to bend, and you can easily break your back when you work for long periods.
It is also not nearly as effective at picking up and holding dirt and dust as the best mop for hardwood floors, as an unwoven pad has a small surface area. In short, Swiffer is small.
The width of the mop head is just too small. If you intend to cover a large area, this isn’t the right tool for you. While you can get this mop for under $20, it is not worth investing in it if you are looking for a durable, long-lasting product.
Yet, despite many shortcomings, Swiffer remains a remarkable mop. The lock strip feature is a valuable addition, as it increases the pad’s effectiveness to pick up dirt and dust. Also, the accessories are irresistible.
The package comes with pad refills, spray mop, batteries, and liquid cleaner, which comes out of the dual-nozzle sprayer to dissolve sticky grime. Also, you don’t have to fret about spraying excess liquid on the floor, as a reinforced handle does a commendable job of regulation.
- Disposable pads
- Short, reinforced handle
- Lock strip feature
- Irresistible accompaniments
5. Bissel Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop and Cleaner
- Powered hard floor mop scrubs your floors so you don't have to
- Safe for cleaning sealed, hard surface floors; 28 ounce clean water tank capacity. Power rating : 0.9 ampere
- Includes soft touch pads for gentle cleaning on hardwood floors and scrubby pads for tough, sticky messes
- Reduces cleaning effort with power spin pads for a hands and knees clean. Carpet attachment-no
- On demand spray allows you to dispense just the right amount of solution onto your floors
If you have an investment mindset, this is the kind of product you should add to your shopping cart. Expect to spend not less than $100 to acquire this spin mop. With a rotating mop head and a swivel steering handle attached to it, mess removal is a breeze.
As it spins, water and liquid cleaner come out to wash away messes while the microfiber pad makes a pass to dry the wet floor almost immediately. A single pass of a spinning mop pad covers a diameter of 14 inches.
It is one of the easiest mops to maneuver. The 28-ounce tank stores enough water and liquid to last the whole session. And you don’t have to worry about excess water or liquid lying on your hardwood floor, as the tank has a mechanism to regulate the release. While Bissel Spinwave is bulky with a weight of 11lbs, it won’t disappoint you when scrubbing messes off of hardwood floors.
The pad is interchangeable between scrubby and touches microfiber pads, which excel at picking up dirt and dust. And because the pads are machine-washable, it would take you a long time to replace them.
You can switch to the scrubby pad when you encounter tacky grime, and so minimizes the risk of abrading your hardwood floor. Bissel is also quiet. The power cord is 22 feet long.
- A bit pricey
- Rotating mop head
- Swivel steering handle
- 28-ounce spray tank
- Interchangeable microfiber pads
- Machine-washable pads
- Quiet mopping session
6. O-Cedar ProMist Max Microfiber Spray Mop
- Super-absorbent microfiber effectively cleans with just water
- DUAL-SIDED MOP HEAD - The large, dual-sided microfiber mop head flips allowing you to clean floors fast without having to change the mop pad.
- REFILLABLE BOTTLE - Just fill bottle with water and add 2 small teaspoons of your favorite cleaning solution and you are ready to shine your floors.
- POWER OF MICROFIBER - The ProMist MAX Spray Mop uses the magic of thousands of microfibers to absorb the smallest dirt and dust particles. When switching between cleaners or preparing for storage, fill bottle with water and spray 5 times, discard remaining water
- USE WET OR DRY - Versatile microfiber pad allows you to use wet for a deeper clean to shine your floors or use dry for dusting your floors.
One undeniable fact about this mop is its unmatched ability to pick up dust and dirt even from corners where most settle. Equipped with microfibers, which number in thousands, you can pick up and hold at least a teaspoonful of dirt and dust in a single sweep.
The fingerlike chenille nubs are a huge plus because they are effective at penetrating cracks and holding onto much dust. That translates to about six times better effectiveness than Swiffer per square feet.
By the time you think of removing and tossing the pad in a washing machine, you would have cleaned your entire apartment. And so, it is the kind of mop you should seriously consider if you want to clean messes in a spacious room.
What’s even more lucrative about this spray mop is its double-sided mop head, which you can flip along its horizontal axis when you lift the handle. And this flipping mop head conserves you the effort of having to change the microfiber pads during the cleaning session.
O-Cedar ProMist Max is the best wet mop for hardwood floors because it has a spray nozzle that releases just the right amount of mist, keeping your hardwood safe from damage. The best mop for hardwood floors with dogs weighs 2.25lbs. With such extra lightweight, maneuvering is easy.
And if you thought the flipping mop head reduces maneuverability because it is loose, you are wrong. Weight concentrates on the mop head because of two hollow strips on the frame made of polypropylene resin.
- Fingerlike chenille nubs
- Extra lightweight
- Flipping mop head
- Spray nozzle
- Polypropylene resin frame
7. PurSteam Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro
- Cleans Literally Everything! Nobody likes cleaning! But with the help of our 10-in-1 Steam Mop you can clean the whole house more quickly and easily, making it cleaner and fresher than ever! Clean a lot more than floors with the built-in handheld steam cleaner, or use the flexible hose to put the cleaning power of steam in the palm of your hand. Works great as floor Steam Mop, Carpet Cleaner, steam cleaner, handheld garment steamer window, mirror & glass cleaner & much more.
- Child & Pet Safe - Best steam cleaner for tile & hardwood, cleaning with no chemicals, leaves the floors looking new and really clean. Comes with special surface scrubber, providing versatile cleaning from Top to Bottom. Ideal for Glass, Sealed Stone, Stainless Steel, and Sealed Tile/Grout.
- Light And Maneuverable. 3 Adjustable modes help you cater the mop's steam level to your specific needs. That's especially important when you're trying to preserve your hardwood floors finish. The steam cleaner 's 340ml / 11.5Oz reservoir is good for 20-25 minutes of steaming on the lowest setting, or half of that on the maximum setting. One real bonus is that it uses tap water alone to steam off dirt, eliminating the need to buy pricey detergent.
- Multifunctional Household Tool - Safe to use on any surface you want to clean: hardwood floors, vinyl, tiles, marble, ceramic & porcelain tiles. Not only that, but you can also clean anything around the house with our built-in handheld steam cleaner. Just install the attachment you need and let the steam do all the work for you!
You can get this extra lightweight steam mop with not less than $100. Weighing 2.2lbs, it is one of the most maneuverable mops in the market today. The frame features a 340ml-water-reservoir from which mist emerges to remove dirt and dust. You can vary between the lowest and highest setting to produce mist as quickly as you would like.
To be precise, superheated steam can gush out as soon as 20 seconds and not later than 30 seconds after you press the button depending on the setting.
You won’t need a liquid cleaner. And so, you save money on detergents. Abrasion of hardwood floor and irritation of room occupiers should be the least of your concern when you use this chemical-free mop. Even more tempting is the generous two-year warranty the manufacturer offers to buyers.
Not just that, but PurSteam is willing to replace your broken mop for you for free! And PurSteam means business when they say ‘pet-friendly’ because the mop also utilizes microfiber pads.
Well, as you know, microfiber’s effectiveness at attracting dust and debris has no match. Since pets shed lots of hair every day, you can enjoy worry-free pet raising. As versatile as the best mop for hardwood and tile floors as this one, you can always switch between dust mopping and wet mopping. Accessories such as surface scrubbers make your work of reaching out to difficult areas easy.
- Replaceable, machine-washable, and reusable microfiber pads
- 340ml capacity water storage
- Variable steam setting
- Generous two-year warranty and guarantee
- Irresistible accessories
- Chemical-free cleaning
8. Linkyo Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop
Linkyo features a one-sided mop head dressed in microfiber cloths. The aluminum mop head does not horizontally flip as you might expect, but its width of 14.75 inches is wide enough to allow the pad to collect so much dust and dirt in a single pass.
The mop head also swivels the microfiber pads along the horizontal plane on the surface. The floor mop isn’t backbreaking. You can stretch the handle to various lengths up to 70 inches, and that makes it fit to reach difficult areas like under sofas and high corners.
What is most notable about this floor mop is its reversible microfiber mop cloths.
Hence, you can switch to the opposite side when dust fills up one side. When under pressure, you can be sure the handle won’t splinter because of its stainless steel makeup. It will survive to serve you for a long time.
Not to mention, the accessories make the mop just as attractive. The package comes with two reversible microfiber cloths and a standard microfiber pad. These accessories contribute to durability and convenience. The frame’s lightweight materials, which entail a mix of ABS plastic and aluminum, make it easy for you to wield the mop.
With a weight of 2.4lbs, Linkyo is extra light. For just under $30, you get all these benefits. If you are looking for the biggest bang for your money, this is the mop you should add to your shopping cart.
- 75-inch wide mop head
- Horizontally swiveling microfiber pads
- Adjustable handle length
- Attractive accessories
- Value for money
- Extra lightweight
9. Bissel Symphony Vac Steam Mop 1132A
- Vacuum and steam your hard floors at the same time
- Sanitize* floors using the natural power of steam, eliminating 99.9% of germs and bacteria*. Dry Tank Technology keeps debris inside your dirt tank dry while steam cleaning
- Easy Touch Digital Controls. Switch between vacuum, steam, or both
- Powerful, cyclonic vacuum helps capture dirt and debris
- INCLUDES: (1) microfiber soft pad, (1) microfiber scrubby pad, and a detachable mop pad tray
For not less than $150, you get a high-quality mop that is worth every cent spent. Bissel has a favorable reputation for high standards, and this steam mop is no exception. As a dual-purpose device, you can switch use between dust mopping and damp mopping.
A 379-ml-capacity storage tank holds water before it converts to steam 30 seconds after you press the spray button. Proprietary technology enables storage to dry up during steaming and vacuuming.
Dirt gets inside the tank, which stores it. A mop pad underneath the frame makes up for the shortcoming of a narrow 11-inch-wide mop head to collect and store dust during every pass.
You can alternate between vacuuming and steaming because of Easy Touch Digital Controls. If you want to add and remove the mop pad, you can open the tray in the frame. And it since the mop pad is machine-washable, you don’t have to dispose of it.
Also, the adjustable handle length is gentle on your back. However, steam can ruin an unsealed hardwood floor. Bissel Symphony 1132A is bulky in a small room. You may not find fun in maneuvering this 13lbs beast. But the accompaniments are a big plus.
When you want to replace the pads, the package comes with four extra pads. And so, Bissel can serve you a long time before it wears out.
- Dual-purpose mop
- 379 ml capacity dirt tank
- Proprietary tank drying technology
- 11-inch-wide mop head
- Heavy and bulky
- Easy Touch Digital Controls
10. Shark Genius Pocket Steam Mop S5003D
- Water tank capacity: 220 milliliter 3 setting intelligent steam control
- Double sided dirt grip washable pads
- Genius head with direct steam channeling
- Steam blaster technology: Never use bleach, powdered detergent, or fabric softeners, as they may damage or leave a coating on the pads
- Touch free technology
Perhaps what is most striking about this mop is that it is available in different shades of colors: burgundy and gray. A 350-ml-capacity storage tank holds water for steam conversion purposes. You can vary steam speed between three settings. Conveying steam is the frame with a head that makes use of the proprietary Genius technology.
What’s even more delighting about this steam mop is it allows chemical-free cleaning. And that’s a big bonus to you and your hardwood floor considering how abrasive and irritative liquid cleaners are.
Steam blaster technology regulates the steam amount, so no excess moisture remains on the floor. When you press the spray button, the nozzle at the tail-end of the handle spews steam onto the floor surface.
The steam pressure strikes and loosens stuck-on messes on the floor before the dust pads attract and hold them in a clean sweep. The steam power is enough to penetrate grout lines, corners, and crevices where much dust and dirt accumulate.
Dust pads are machine-washable and double-sided. And that translates to fewer expenses and effort on your side. Well, and the touch-free technology ensures you don’t touch dirt that has accumulated on the pad following deep cleaning when both sides fill up.
All you do is to empty the pad hands-free into a hamper. And, oh, the mop weighs 5.78lbs, making it nearly effortless to maneuver. All these benefits you get for slightly over $100.
- 350-ml-capacity storage tank
- Shades of colors to choose
- Three-setting steam variation
- Genius technology for steam conveyance
- Chemical-free cleaning
- Steam-regulating blaster technology
- Double-sided and machine-washable pads
11. Bona Hardwood Floor Premium Spray Mop
- Safe for all unwaxed, unoiled, polyurethane finished wood floors
- Extra-large mop head cleans 40% faster than the leading competitor
- Comes with full-size 34oz ready-to-use Original Formula Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- Easily refillable cartridge and machine washable microfiber cleaning pad included
- Durable and lightweight design with secondary grip, flexible rubber corners, and a retractable hook for easy storage
If there is a mop meant for hardwood floors, then this is it. When you use it, you don’t have to fret about ruining polyurethane floors with stubborn stains. You will find it difficult to ignore the 16.5-inch-wide mop head, which, according to our estimation, is sufficient to cover a large area in one pass; hence, conserve your effort.
What’s most outstanding, underneath the mop head, is a microfiber pad, which comes into contact with the floor surface during a cleaning session. Microfibers are effective at attracting and retaining dust and dirt. They are also removable and machine-washable.
So, you won’t have to dispose of them and spend extra money to replace them. Bona Premium Spray Mop also features a frame handle with a liquid cleaner storage capacity of 1000 ml.
That’s much liquid cleaner. All you need to do is to pull the trigger, and the nozzle sprays the chemical onto the floor before the pad sweeps the loose dirt and dust off. And you can find liquid cleaners valuable in restoring sheen of your hardwood floor.
Liquid cleaners also dry fast and don’t damage your wood floor. But there is one problem.
A proprietary chemical cleaner is not just expensive, but abrasive and irritative, as well. The weight is 5.2lbs, which makes for an easily maneuverable mop handle. However, this mop is as simple as the traditional mop.
The handle isn’t adjustable. Nor is the mop head flipping and swiveling. Moreover, the pad isn’t double-sided. For just under $40, you benefit from all these goodies.
- 16.5-inch-wide mop head
- 1000-ml-capacity chemical storage
- Trigger-powered chemical spray
- Machine-washable microfiber pads
- Lightweight and maneuverable
12. O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop with 1 Extra Refill
- CLEAN WITHOUT HARSH CHEMICALS: The O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop kills 99.9% of bacteria* without any cleaning chemicals! Our lightweight, electric steam mop cleans up tough stuck-on messes, grease, and grime on sealed hard floor surfaces including tile, wood, vinyl, and laminate.
- CLEAN BETTER WITH MICROFIBER: The O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop Refill Pads are super absorbent, so your floors dry faster! The mop refills contain a unique weave pattern allowing steam to penetrate quickly for optimal floor cleaning. Microfiber mops attract dirt, dust, bacteria and hair better compared to traditional cotton mops.
- CLEAN HARD-TO-REACH PLACES: With a triangle mop head, this mop is designed to clean far into corners and hard to reach edges. Swivel and glide across your floors with ease, as this lightweight steam mop weighs only 5 lbs! It can easily be carried up and down stairs too.
- ADJUSTABLE STEAM SETTINGS: Control the amount of steam with a adjustable steam setting based on your specific floor cleaning situation! The O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop heats up quickly, so you don't waste time! From plug-in to steam in only 20 seconds.
- REUSABLE, ECO-FRIENDLY MOP REFILLS: Our Microfiber Steam Mop Refill is reusable and machine-washable.
For slightly less than $70, you can become a proud owner of this 5-lbs steam mop. You get the biggest bang for your money from a tool that gives you comfort and delight in cleaning. With a swiveling head, this lightweight mop is easy to wield and control. O-Cedar are known for innovation, and this is evident in this remarkable product.
The triangular head design empowers you to penetrate and remove grime from tight angles. Also, mist spews in 20 seconds onto the floor after you turn the dial.
And you can always adjust the steam speed on the dial. Dressing the underneath of the 360-degree-rotating head is a microfiber pad, which is effective at picking up dust and debris that mist loosens on the floor. When the pad fills up, you can remove and toss it in a washer.
While the mop head isn’t big enough to cover a large area in one sweep, rotation compensates for this shortcoming. A snap-on feature makes it easy to move the tool across rough surfaces such as carpets and rugs.
Also, you don’t need chemical cleaners to restore the shine of your wood floor. The mist spray has enough power to loosen dirt and eliminate 99% of disease-causing bugs. It is all but the best robot mop for hardwood floors if your concern is maneuverability and control.
- Value for money
- 360-degree swiveling mop head
- Triangular head design
- Snap-on feature
- Fast steam buildup
- Chemical-free cleaning
- Lightweight and maneuverable
13. Hapinnex Spin Mop With Bucket
- ✅2021 Newly Activity: We upgraded our handle completely and we can offer mop head replacement THREE TIMES for FREE to those purchase HAPINNEX Spin Wringer Mop Bucket Set within ONE year! Applies to all hard floor surfaces, including finished hardwood, wood, laminate, tile, vinyl, and more.
- ✅Clean Your House Faster: Yes, it’s true! Gone are the days of putting excessive effort in order to force out water from your mop- now you can save time and effort as our Easy-Press system allows you to spin off excess water with only one move; just push the handle against the bucket spinner - mopping made easy for even junior and senior!
- ✅Splash-Guard Wringer Basket: If you are sick and tired of dirty splash spray on your floors while spin drying in the basket, then our detachable splash-guard stainless steel wringer basket is going to make your day a breeze! Its encapsulated wringer basket prevents all the water splash out and only drains into the bucket, leaves a fresh and clean sensation behind without excessive spatter - what else do you need?
- ✅Ergonomics Design: Now you are given the chance to feel our intimate caring for your tough mopping task, as our 360 swivel head moves flexibly- it rotates up to 180⁰ in order to clean under your furniture and along baseboards. As well a spin washer for getting the dirt out and an anti-slip bucket hand grip for easy carry. We also include 2 absorbent refills & an extra cleaning brush accessories for you, which cleans the tough-job floor.
- ✅Upgraded Self-Balanced Bucket: No foot pedal, No plastic spinning axis, No other unnecessary moving parts (wheels, agitator) to break or cause leaks. Most importantly, unlike others’ buckets you may have been used to, which are imbalanced after water loading, ours is constructed with self-balanced easywring technology such that you won’t spill water all over during movement. Carry it around your house without the hassle!
Hapinnex features a self-balancing bucket with a wringer. Even when water fills to the max-line, you won’t have to worry about spilling it as you carry the bucket because of a self-stabilizing mechanism. Thus, you will find joy in using this tool because the spinner reduces the burden and difficulty in wringing out excess water.
But as you squeeze out water off of the cloth, the stainless steel wringer prevents the dirty water from spraying on the floor. If space isn’t adequate, then you would find the bucket inconvenient to store.
While the mop is replaceable, this mop can serve you for weeks, months, or years. And the good news is, Hapinnex will replace for you the first three mop heads for free! The replaceable mop heads rotate 360 degrees and are machine-washable.
Even when much grime has settled in areas where standard scrubbers can’t reach, you don’t have to worry, as you can rotate the frame up to 180 degrees. While the handle length isn’t adjustable, you can break it down into individual parts.
But the stainless steel handle is telescopic. You would spend minimal effort to connect the handle and the base. It is also easy to maneuver a weight of 3.99lbs. For just under $50, this spin mop is a product that deserves some serious consideration. Last up, the accessories are difficult to resist.
- Irresistible accessories
- Self-balancing bucket
- Stainless steel spinner
- 360-degree-rotating, machine-washable mop head
- Telescopic stainless steel handle
- Extra lightweight
- Easily maneuverable
14. Nine Forty 24 -Inch Commercial Cotton Duster Broom
- 24” Wide Floor Dust Mop Head is Hand Sewn in the USA from High Quality Natural Cotton Yarn
- Heavy Duty Stitching Extends Duster Service Life and Improves Broom Cleaning Performance
- Great Flat Mop for Cleaning Industrial | Commercial | Residential Floors including Hard Woods
- Ergonomically Designed to Rotate Mops 360 Degrees; Providing Maneuverability in Hard to Reach Places
- Aluminum Handle adjusts from 42”-72” Long; Modify for Various User Heights or reach under objects
With no base, this dust mop features an aluminum telescopic handle and a cotton mop head. Cotton, while effective at collecting and holding dust, requires chemical treatment. But cotton is a natural material, and bacteria can consume it. Cotton decays when wet.
However, this is good news for a hardwood floor, which, while absorbent, can ruin when in contact with water. Nine Forty didn’t build it to last, but the duster broom with a 24-inch-wide mop head has its share of strengths.
But here’s the catch. The cloth is a mix of cotton and synthetic fibers, which last long. The manufacturer hand sewn them with heavy-duty materials. It’s a product that exhibits the highest level of craftsmanship from the United States.
The width of the mop head is big. You won’t spend much effort. With a weight of 3.95lbs, Nine Forty is extra lightweight; hence, maneuverable. The handle is also gentle on your back as you can adjust it to different lengths between 42 inches and 72 inches.
Why bend or stretch to reach out to difficult spots when the frame can swivel 360 degrees? The handle isn’t just maneuverable, but ergonomic, as well. You will derive great comfort when you use the best wet dry mop for hardwood floors. The width is big. So, you can cover a large area with a single pass.
- A natural and synthetic blend of mop cloth fabric
- 24-inch-wide mop head
- Made in the USA
- 360-degree-swiveling frame
- Adjustable handle length
- Extra lightweight and maneuverable
15. Bissel PowerEdge Steam Mop 20781 Yellow
- 2 in 1 steam mop with detachable handheld steamer to clean with the power of steam both on and above your floors
- Control the amount of steam you put on your floors with on demand steam trigger
- Easily clean and maneuver into corners and edges with Triangle foot design. Power rating is 1500 Watts
- Includes bristle scrub brush and grout tool to steam clean sinks, stove tops, countertops, and dirt and grime from grout
- Naturally sanitize your sealed hard floors and eliminate 99. 9Percent of germs and bacteria, when used as directed using Microfiber pads. Results may vary, tested under controlled Lab conditions
Yet another of Bissel’s innovative products, this 4.6-pound mop uses steam power to loosen dirt and grime. It features a handheld steamer, which you can detach from the frame. Hence, two-in-one with the handheld steamer being one of the two. It is a worthwhile device that you can obtain with just over $100.
A 296-ml tank holds water that converts to steam. When you press the spray button, a jet of steam gushes out of the nozzle onto the floor with force to loosen grime and kill germs.
The most outstanding feature of this mop is this handheld steamer, which enables you to clean countertops and sinks. Bissel gives you a one-year warranty. Through a steam trigger mechanism, you can control steam on an intermittent basis.
The package comes with two types of mop pads: white and scrubby. You can switch to scrubby mop pads when you want to remove tacky messes. But steam power alone can’t penetrate cracks, crevices, and grout lines where most grime accumulate.
Bissel compensates for this shortcoming by including a bristle scrub brush and grout tool for manual removal. Moreover, the triangular base of the frame rotates, and when you combine this design and extra lightweight, PowerEdge 20781 is easy to wield and control and can glide past tight angles. The mop pads, which attach beneath the triangular base, pick up and hold loose dirt and dust.
- Detachable handheld steamer
- 296-ml water tank
- Lightweight and maneuverable
- Swiveling frame foot
- Chemical-free mopping
Buying Guide: What You Need to Know Before Buying Hardwood Floors Mop
Dirt, dust, spills, stains, and grime are the most common type of messes that accumulate on your hardwood floor. Dirt, dust, and other debris on the floor break down further into smaller particles when you tread on them. Finer particles abrade the wood grain under the action of feet. The loss of sheen and color follows. And dull and grimy floors are unsightly.
Stains leave a lasting mark that isn’t desirable because they penetrate the wood grain. They often result from water and chemical spills. And because liquids seep into the wood fibers, it’s always advisable to dry them off of your floor before seepage occurs.
Germs like bacteria can grow and thrive under moisture and eat into your hardwood floor. Let’s take a look at what you need to keep in mind before you hit the store.
Capacity to Attract and Retain Messes
The surface area of mop cloths or pads needs to be maximum so that you can collect and retain as much dust as possible during one sweep. Manufacturers are aware of this fact; that is why they build nubs into the fabric to maximize the surface area.
No technology has come close to picking up messes than microfibers. And so, it is good to consider whether the pad has microfibers.
Fibers comprise mop cloths, and they can be natural, synthetic, or a mix of the two. Natural fibers are biodegradable, while synthetic fibers aren’t. Bacteria consume natural fibers, leading to decay.
While natural fibers like cotton and wool are excellent at picking up and retaining messes, they aren’t long-lasting because of decomposition. Synthetic fibers last longer. It’s no surprise that the popularity of fabric that blends natural and synthetic fibers is on the rise.
Steam, sponge, string, and microfiber mops are the most common types you are likely to encounter when you shop. Not all mop types are the same. Some are machine-washable, others aren’t. Some are more expensive than others. Others require chemical cleaning. Steam mops and its industrial counterparts are the priciest. Expect to part with not less than $100.
However, for less than $50, depending on whether the package comes with extra accessories and replacement parts, you can obtain microfiber, string, or sponge types. But you will encounter hybrids such as a steam mop with microfiber pads.
While string mops cover the most area, they are the most difficult to wring. Sponge mops are the easiest to wring, clean, and replace. When you want to switch between dust-mopping and damp-mopping, you should go for microfiber mops. But if your priority is efficiency rather than price, steam mops can give you a fulfilling option.
Maneuverability increases as weight decreases. Extra lightweight mops are the easiest to wield and control. They exert less strain on your muscles and tendons.
You should be able to work for a long without straining your back. Handles are a make or break. If they are uncomfortable to hold with hands, then your experience won’t be rosy. Handles should give you a comfortable grip.
Go for padded or textured handles. Some manufacturers make handles whose lengths are adjustable to fit your height. If so, go for them.
Handles shouldn’t splinter. Wood handles, while long-lasting, can splinter. ABS plastics and stainless steel handles are better alternatives.
Designs vary between mop heads. The most common are triangular and rectangular designs. You are likely to come across swiveling mop heads. If that is the case, then go for rotating mop heads, as they are effective at covering areas where ordinary mops can’t. Triangular mop heads are much more effective at this than rectangular.
Check whether the manufacturer offers replacement parts and extras such as mop heads, scrubbers, wringers, scent discs, and so forth. Accessories make your cleaning more convenient. Why go for products without accessories?
- 10 Best Dust Mop For Laminate Floors
- 15 Best Handheld Steam Cleaner Consumer Reports
- 10 Best Shop Vac Consumer Reports
- 15 Best Cordless Stick Vacuum Consumer Reports
FAQ’s: Frequently Ask Question About Mop for Hardwood Floors
#1- What kind of mop is best for wood floors?
Wood floors need to be free of particles and water all the time if they were to maintain their sheen and last long. The best mop is one that doesn’t leave any particle behind. Microfiber fabric excels at picking up and retaining particles.
It should also keep the wood floor dry all the time. Wood decays because of the action of bacteria. Moisture is a breeding ground for bacteria and other bugs. Germs die when you expose them to steam or chemicals. But chemicals are allergens.
They are also costly. Go for a steam mop with microfiber that doesn’t require chemical action.
#2- Is Swiffer OK for hardwood floors?
Swiffer sheets are flat, not textured. Flat sheets can pick up dirt and dust, but they can’t hold as much as textured fabrics, which maximize the surface area during a single pass. And because of this, some debris remains behind.
You would need to make several passes to achieve the same effectiveness as a microfiber. And because Swiffer sheets are disposable, you can’t wash and reuse them. No speck of dust should remain on a hardwood floor, though.
And so, you would use lots of sheets, but you won’t find them economically feasible to mop your hardwood floor. Besides, flat sheets can’t penetrate corners and cracks.
#3- Are steam mops safe on hardwood floors?
Hardwood floors absorb water or moisture and abrade when room occupiers step on and drag fine particles along their surface. Steam mops use superheated water to loosen particles on the floor before fabric picks up and retains them during a pass.
Water damages hardwood floors. You should not damp-mop your wood floor often. Use steam mop once a week. You should also check out whether your mop gives you the option to regulate the steam amount.
Steam mops don’t have a wringer or spinner to squeeze out excess water. Therefore, shop for a steam mop that has a mechanism to dry excess water on the floor immediately.
#4- How do you clean hardwood floors with a steam mop?
First off, ensure the seal of the hardwood floor is intact. Polyurethane finish is quite common. Place a small drop of water to gauge whether the finish is worn and thin. Water can’t penetrate if the finish is thick. Beads of water on the surface indicate the finish is intact and impenetrable.
However, if water spreads on the floor surface or seeps into the grain, then there’s a problem. You would need to reapply the finish. Yet, even sealed hardwood becomes vulnerable with use and weather.
Expansion, contraction, and creaking can expose the seams between the planks, which moisture can take advantage of to penetrate the wood below. Also, steam, unlike water, is light, and so can find its way past the finest fractures.
#5- What kind of mop do you use on hardwood floors?
We recommend spin or looped-end mops whose cloth makeup is a microfiber fabric. These mops come with a bucket and a built-in wringer, which you can use to squeeze out excess water.
However, you can’t leave the bucket behind if you find it bulky to carry. But the good news is, some buckets come with wheels, so you don’t have to lift them.
You also need to prepare for long periods of mopping, as string mops are small and don’t cover much surface. You would make many trips to the bucket to rinse and wring. The floor may not be sparkling clean, but your effort would be worthy.
In this article, we have reviewed our choice of the best mop for hardwood floors. And so, next time you go out to shop, you would be equipped to make informed choices. Just remember. Hardwood floors are water-absorbing. Water damages wood because it causes warping or decaying.
Also, people can step on and drag fine particles along the floor surface, leading to abrasion. Therefore, no speck of dust should remain on the surface of hardwood floors. Nor should excess water or spills. The best mop for hardwood should not just pick up and hold much dust in one sweep, but a speck should not remain behind.
We choose a spin mop because, while not nearly as efficient and effective as a steam mop, it has a mechanism to wring and rinse. Steam is light and penetrates the finest fractures.