There are no two ways about it – steam cleaning is one of the healthiest and cheapest ways to thoroughly clean your household. Instead of using the traditional bucket and mop, this method gives you a way to rid yourself of pesky germs without using any dangerous chemicals.
Though, as you might know if you’ve already started browsing the best handheld steam cleaners – there are quite a few options out there. And choosing the right one is important, as all the brands have varying attachments, and some are designed to be used along with chemicals.
5 Best Handheld Steam Cleaner Consumer Reports: Editor Pick’s
On the other hand, the best portable handheld steam cleaners will give you the option of cleaning your household or workplace in more detail than ever before. You can kiss the grease and grime inside your kitchen oven goodbye!
And you can easily rid yourself of the pesky mold gathering between the tiles in your bathroom. With that in mind, we’ll explore the myriad handheld steam cleaners you can find on the market!
Best Handheld Steam Cleaner Consumer Reports Reviews:
1. BISSELL 39N7A/39N71 Steam Shot Deluxe Hard-Surface Cleaner
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Powerful High-Pressure Steam Cleaner With Easy-To-Press Trigger
- Completely Chemical-Free With No Harmful Fumes Or Residue
- 1000-Watt Power Rating, Power Cord Length Is 20 Feet
- Includes Accessory Nozzle, Extension Hose, Flat Scraping Tool, Grout Brush, Fabric Steamer, Window Squeegee, Angle Concentrator, And Detail Brush
We’ll start off with the Bissel 39N7A – definitely one of the best handheld steam cleaners you can find. Once you have one of these, there will be no further need for a meddlesome bucket and mop. With the Bissel 39N7A, you can finally get the completely clean floors that you’ve always dreamed of.
Indeed, walking barefoot will be a joy once you give your floors a thorough cleaning. And best of all, the Bissel 39N7A requires no meticulous preparation. It will be ready for use once it heats up, which will only take it around 30 seconds. Remember – there is no sanitizer more natural than steam.
This cleaner will allow you to direct steam and sanitize hard-to-reach areas with utter ease. The days of using potentially dangerous chemicals to clean dirt and greasy spots are gone.
Plus, one of the great perks of this steam cleaner is the fact that you can use it across all kinds of surfaces: granite, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and ceramic. Plus, the residue of steam cleaning with this product will only take a couple of minutes to dry off completely.
And this is no bulky steam cleaner that takes a lot of effort to wield – it’s completely handheld. As you’ll find from many users’ reports, this is certainly one of the best lightweight handheld steam cleaners. On top of all that, the product offers many accessories that allow you to clean any kind of area with absolute ease.
- High-pressure cleaner with a handy trigger
- Absolutely chemical-free
- Lengthy power cord stretching out 20 feet
- A lot of useful accessories
- Quick heating time
2. PurSteam Steam Cleaner PS-581X
No products found.
Next up, we’ve got an extremely versatile choice on our list of the best handheld steam cleaners – the PurSteam Steam Cleaner PS-581X. You’ll find that this product is fully capable of handling any part of your household with no issues.
If you want to do a thorough sweep of your living room, why not do it with a steam cleaner? For those who have a pet that’s had a “mishap” around the living room – there’s no need to use chemicals to clean it all up. Just use a cleaner like the PS-581X.
All of your sofar, carpets, and recliners can be clean in a matter of minutes. It’s also great for places that aren’t easy to reach, like vents, ceiling fans, and baseboards.
Also, if you want your bathroom to be as spotless as possible, this product will serve you well. Remember those nasty deposits from high water, that form all around your shower, tub, and sink?
If you use a steam cleaner like this to get the cleaning job done, none of it will present an issue. Apart from that, you can also utilize it to rid yourself of any soap ring stains on your bathtub. Or, if you’re so inclined, give your shower doors a brand new shine! No grout will be hard or condensed enough to give you a headache with the PS-581X!
- Components of a premium quality
- High enough pressure to allow non-chemical cleaning
- Variety of accessories for heavy-duty cleaning
- Capable of cleaning all surfaces
- Light weight for quick and easy handling
No products found.
3. McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Backed by a 2-year hassle-free warranty and supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING - Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK - The 48-ounce water tank heats up in under 8 minutes and provides up to 45 minutes of steam with optional lockable steam trigger for continuous steam cleaning
- 18 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES - Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, scrub pad, squeegee, and more
- SUPERIOR REACH - An extra-long 15. 7-foot power cord and over 9-foot steam hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places
The choices of the best handheld steam cleaners that we’ve mentioned before have definitely been more than adequate. But, for those who are truly serious about steam cleaning; a more professional product might be needed.
That’s where the McCulloch MC1275 comes in to get the job done. Even people who do cleaning for a living use this product; so you know it gives you quite the bang for your buck.
You can use it with ordinary water, which the MC1275 will heat up to more than 200 degrees Fahrenheit. After that, the cleaner is ready for use on a huge number of different surfaces.
Its steam power is basically unmatched, and it also comes with extremely versatile attachments. If you need to clean your dirty workshop or messy garage – this is a cleaner that can do it easily.
The MC1275 also has some interesting design solutions, making it more than easy to handle. For example, there’s a steam lock switch – it allows you to have continuous steam. Unlike some other cleaners, there’s no need to keep pressing the button for steam all the time.
Also, its nozzle allows for an incredibly powerful jet of steam, giving you all the bang you need to rid any area of grime and dirt. It’s also great for floors, as it comes with a floor mop attachment.
Lastly, you’ll find that the MC1275 has a chunky a water tank – a whopping 48 ounces! There will be no constant refills, as this baby can give you almost an hour of non-stop steam.
- Large water tank
- Great attachments for unreachable places
- Mighty jet nozzle
- Good for professional use
- Interesting design
4. Bissell Steam Shot Hard-Surface Cleaner
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day , and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on
- Powerful high-pressure steam cleaner with easy-to-press trigger
- Completely chemical-free with no harmful fumes or residue
- 1000-watt power rating, power cord length is 20 feet
- Includes accessory nozzle, extension hose, flat scraping tool, grout brush, fabric steamer, window squeegee, angle concentrator, and detail brush
Our next pick of the draft has one particular advantage to boast – great versatility. If you’re in need of a product that’s designed to be your one-stop-shop for domestic disinfection and cleaning; the Bissell Steam Steam Cleaner is definitely a good choice.
It doesn’t matter whether you need to clean your kitchen, windows, living room, stove, sink or refrigerator; this cleaner will do just fine. It comes with an accessory set that’s designed to tackle every part of your household without issues.
You get a funnel and measuring cup for the water, as you don’t want to put in too much or too little. Also, you’ll find a handy window cleaning tool packaged with the cleaner; as well as towel cloth that you can use to wipe away any trace remains.
Also, this product is set apart from the rest of the flock by its extremely useful upholstery tool. This accessory makes the product one of the best handheld upholstery steam cleaners on the entire market.
Also, it’s quite light, meaning you’ll have no problems getting it around from room to room. At the end of the day, you don’t want the cleaning of your household to take ages. And with the Bissell Steam Steam Cleaner, you’ll be able to get it over with quickly and efficiently.
- Useful accessory set
- Convenience guaranteed by small weight and long cord
- 20 minutes of continuous steam
- Safety cover to prevent injuries
- Child lock
5. Sienna Steam Birdie Handheld Steam Cleaner
- DELUXE, PORTABLE AND POWERFUL | Enjoy cleaning and sanitizing in one easy step. The Sienna Steam Birdie portable steamer is all you need to safely and effortlessly deep clean the most stubbornly soiled surfaces and hard-to-reach, awkward locations inside and outside your home.
- HIGH TECH ENGINEERING PROVIDES ADVANCED FEATURES | Equipped with unique hand pump so you can begin steaming in less than 30 seconds. Can be refilled while in use with no cool down time required - perfect for large jobs.
- VERSATILE AND POWERFUL | Sienna’s steamer cleaner provides a simple and safe way to tackle every conceivable cleaning job including bathrooms, windows, hard floors, stoves and BBQs, fabrics, mattresses, refrigerators, table tops, autos and boats, kids’ toys and pet areas.
- SAFE, SANITARY, AND ECO-FRIENDLY | Sienna endorses and incorporates green technology in all its products. Steam Birdie cleans and sanitizes without the use of detergents, bleach, ammonia, or other toxic chemicals. Pets and small children will never breathe or ingest dangerous toxins.
- PORTABILITY PLUS POWER | The Sienna Birdie hand steamer generates a massive 1500 Watts (43% more powerful than competing hand held steam cleaners) of high powered steam in seconds, yet has a compact, portable design and weighs less than 5 lbs.
Next up, we have one of the truly best small handheld steam cleaners – the Sienna Steam Birdie Handheld Steam Cleaner. If you need a product that can sanitize and clean in only one step!
If you want to effortlessly and securely clean even the most stubborn stains and difficult to reach locations – this is what you require. This Sienna Steam Birdie Cleaner comes with a one of a kind hand pump, allowing you to build up incredible amounts of steam pressure in less than a minute.
Also, it’s great for large cleaning jobs, as you don’t have to let it cool down to refill it; you can do it all on the fly.
The Sienna Steam Birdie was designed with multipurpose cleaning in mind. There’s really no conceivable surface that this steam cleaner can’t tackle. You can use it on stoves, mattresses, windows, bathrooms and tabletops.
And you don’t even have to use it solely in your home. It’s perfectly capable of performing outside cleaning jobs. Indeed, if you need a good device to clean your grimy boat or dusty car – the Sienna product is a good choice!
Also, if you’re environmentally conscious, you’ll be happy to know that Sienna only uses green technology in its product design. With this cleaner, there’s no need to use any bleach, detergents, or any other types of toxic chemicals.
Your small children or pets will never be in any conceivable danger. So, if you need the safest among the best handheld steam cleaners, you won’t go wrong with this one.
- No chemicals needed
- Unique hand pump
- Usable outside
- Accessories for versatile use
6. MLMLANT Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner
- ★Fast Heating: 3 to 4 minute heats quickly.Safe Multipurpose Cleaning: use on a wide range of surfacesEasy Handheld Use 9 Pieces Accessory set: Deep clean of your home.
- ★POWERFUL HOT STEAM: 1050W of Power; Water Tank capacity up to 350ML. Emits pressurized powerful hot steam (250-270F) for up to 20 minutes! Cut through any grease, grout or stain with our high pressure steamer!
- ★MULTIPLE SURFACE USE: Our handheld steam unit is best suited for sealed surfaces including ceramic, vinyl, laminate, granite, marble, hard wood floors, especially sinks, stoves, counter tops, refrigerators, kitchen, floor, living room, windows, toilet, tiles, shower curtains, bathroom, pet toilet, cat litter boxes, car seats & rims, grill, BBQ, kids toy, mattresses, linen, duvet cover, fabric & Sofa Material, pants, suits, clothing & fabrics! Best All in One Steamer!
- ★Best service and promise: 30 day Money Back ! FULL REFUND if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase! Your comfort and satisfaction to clean is our goal. Just order it.
Next up, we’ve got a device that’s definitely been designed with precision in mind. In fact, you’ll find that the MLMLANT Steam Cleaner can even be used to correct creases on everyday clothing! Every one of the handheld steam cleaners reviews you’ll find online will tell you that this is one of the very best handheld steam cleaners.
First of all, it can heat up quite quickly. It’ll only take a couple of minutes to reach the point where steam is generated. Also, it’s quite safe to use on any surface you can think of. If you want to perform a deep cleaning of your household, there’s no reason to use multiple devices.
The MLMLANT steam cleaner is capable of handling it all, with a set of accessory pieces that can make any sort of cleaning simple.
Granted, it’s got a small water tank of around 350ML; but that means the water will heat up quite rapidly. Also, a small tank means that you’ll have no difficulty carrying it around everywhere!
Plus, for a tank of that size, you’ll be surprised how long it can emit hot steam – around 20 minutes! No stain or grease will be a match for this high-pressure cleaner. Also, you should know that this cleaner is primarily intended for sealed surfaces. That includes everything from shower curtains and tiles, to stoves, sinks, and vinyl.
- 30 Day Money Back guarantee
- 9 accessories included in the packaging
- High-pressure versatile cleaning options
- Multiple-surface cleaning
7. Steamfast SF-370WH Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner
- MAXIMUM PORTABILITY — Designed for ease of use with a 15-foot power cord with integrated cord wrap, wheels, carrying handle, and a 6. 5-foot hose that provides added reach for those hard to get to places
- 15 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES — Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including mop pads, utility brushes, jet nozzle, squeegee, scrub tools, fill cup, and more
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK — The 48-ounce water tank heats up in 8 minutes and provides up to 45 minutes of steam
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING — Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — When you choose a Steamfast product, you’re investing in superior performance and design that will deliver total satisfaction. If not, we’ll replace it, for 2 years. Supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS
When it comes to the best commercial handheld steam cleaners, you’ll find that Steamfast SF-370WH is quite a decent pick. First of all, it boasts 500-watt power; somewhat lower than other steam cleaners on this list, but definitely still quite enough.
Like the others, it also enables you to avoid using chemicals in your home environment; instead utilizing pressured steam for perfect sanitization and deep cleaning.
Also, the water tank with 45-ounce capacity can give you up to an hour of non-stop steam. While that’s something most cleaners on this list have, it’s got something that sets it apart. And that’s the number of accessories you get, which is fifteen! These attachments allow for complete versatility in terms of surfaces.
There is practically no type of surface you won’t be able to reach and clean, including all types of floors. Also, it includes a handy steam lock switch; meaning you won’t need to keep pressing a button for steam to come out repeatedly. One of the few downsides of this product is the fact that consumers outside of US will have problems with shipping.
As we’ve mentioned, this product was primarily designed with flexibility in mind. But that’s not just true in terms of the available surfaces. Apart from that, it also has an extra long power cord – allowing you to reach any part of your home without constantly switching sockets.
- Jet Nozzle
- Brass Utility Brush
- Scrub Pad for Corner Tool
- Long power cord
8. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY All-In-One Steam Mop
- Smart Switch: Place it upright to cease steam, sparing your time to answer calls while protecting your hardfloor. Slant and glide to release powerful steam.
- Detaches into a separate handheld steam cleaner for multi-purpose cleaning: garment wrinkle remover, upholstery refresher, bathroom/kitchen deep cleaning.
- On-demand HI, MED and LOW steam settings fit for various floors surface: marble, tile, grout, ceramic, stone, vinyl, laminate, and sealed wood flooring.
- Utilizes 212°F hot steam to remove stains and sticky mess while drying quickly. Work with distilled or tap water, great for all homes with pets and babies.
- Ideal for Child/Pets/Yoga Lovers: Only use tap water, no need of harsh chemicals.
While there are many steam cleaners on this list that come with handy attachments, this All in One Steam Mop is a bit different; by the sole fact that it’s as much a mop as it is a cleaner. The steam cleaner itself is just a detachable part of the mop; which you can remove for more precision cleaning.
On the other hand, when you want to deal with floors or other large surfaces, you can simply put the detachable cleaner back into the mop. Then, the steam will be directed through the handle onto the surface.
But still, if you need a precise steam cleaner to remove wrinkles from garments, or give your upholstery a nice clean – there’s really nothing better than using the detachable part of this cleaner.
Also, if you use it as a mop – you can set steam settings based on the type of surface you’re cleaning. So, if you’re cleaning grout out of stone tiles – you can set the steam to “high” and put as much pressure into the process as possible. You’ll find that the 110°C steam will sort out any sticky goo or stain, and dry the surface almost instantly.
Lastly, it’s important to note that you can use this steamer with tap water as well, if you haven’t got any distilled water around the house. All in all – this handheld cleaner is definitely multipurpose enough to fulfill all of your needs.
- Multipurpose steamer
- Mop handle with a detachable cleaner
- Smart steam switch
- Tiltable handle
- Steam sensor
9. McCulloch MC1230 Handheld Steam Cleaner with Extension Hose
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING — Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more
- QUICK HEAT-UP TIME — The 6-ounce, direct-fill water tank heats up in under 3 minutes and provides up to 10 minutes of steam with optional lockable steam trigger for continuous steam cleaning.
- 11 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES — Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including a scraper, scrub pad, jet nozzle, extension hose, brushes, and more.
- GREATER REACH — An extra-long 15-foot power cord and 34-inch extension hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places.
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — When you choose a McCulloch steamer, you’re investing in superior performance and design that will deliver total satisfaction. If not, we’ll replace it, for 2 years. Supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS.
As you may have noticed, McCulloch has more than one worthwhile product in the steam cleaner department to offer its prospective customers. More specifically, The McCulloch MC1230 Handheld Steam Cleaner!
This device doesn’t have to be filled with distilled water; ordinary tap water from your home will do it just fine. Once you’ve got it filled up, the MC1230 will heat it up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit, and proceed to use the resulting steam for cleaning and sanitization.
As with most quality steam cleaners, there will be no need to prepare the surface in any way, or pre-clean it with chemicals. Also, all indoors surfaces and most outdoor flooring is suitable for cleaning with the McCulloch MC1230.
While we’re on the subject of outdoors cleaning; you’ll be happy to see that this cleaner contains a steam trigger you can lock. Meaning that you can just set it to continuously blast hot steam into your cleaning area, without the fuss of button-mashing.
As is customary with steam cleaners, you will also get 11 attachments that allow you to clean specific areas that could otherwise present difficulties.
It heats up in around three minutes, and gives you ten minutes of uninterrupted steam. Also, the power cord is an incredible 15 feet long, and quite durable; meaning that this cleaner gives you the most portability possible. Just remember that the steamer is designed for U.S. voltages, if you plan to use it outside the United States!
- Steam lock trigger
- Sanitization without chemicals
- 10 minutes of steam in continuation
- 15 foot power cord
- 11 accessories
10. Comforday Surface & Much Multi-Purpose Handheld
- ★Nine free accessories to adapt cleaner to every situation: Stairs, carpet, clothing, car interior and rims, etc. Gets into hard to reach areas.
- ★Multi-surface use: Works on every surface including laminate, hardwood, fabric, upholstery, ceramic, linoleum, glass, marble and granite.
- ★Chemical free and safe: The Comforday steamer is safe. It is completely chemical free and it is secured with a safety lock and safety cap.
- ★Powerful hot steam: Heat and pressure gets the job done faster. QUICKSTEAMTM technology offers 1050W of power; providing pressurized powerful hot steam (250-270F) for up to 15-20 minutes.
- ★Cuts through dirt: Tackle the biggest messes such as grout, grease and stains easily and quickly.
The Comforday Pressurized Steam Cleaner has plenty of accessories, allowing you to deal with a wide variety of cleaning areas. For example, there’s a handy tool for flat surfaces, enabling you to cover large floor areas with a handheld steam cleaner.
If there are any stains on surface that aren’t porous, the steam from this device will easily melt them away. Apart from that, you’ve also got the detachable utility brushes. You can use these on many different surfaces, ranging from ceramic tiles to thick carpeting. And if you’re going to do more precision-based work; there’s the tool for clothing steaming.
Mind you, it’s not just supposed to be used on clothing – you can also clean upholstery, beds, and similar fabrics with it. It’s even good for getting dust out of curtains!
Many users utilize this steam cleaner to get rid of built-up residue in their sinks. After all, many different materials get washed down there; making it a fertile breeding ground for hardened dirtiness. However, most of this will be carried away by the first steam blast from this bad boy!
Also, if you need to reach an area that’s proving particularly troublesome; you can always do it with a handy extension hose that this steam cleaner comes with. Lastly, if you want to clean upholstery on sofas with this, don’t be afraid that you’ll soak its fabric. This steam cleaner is hot enough to almost instantly dry the surface!
- Free 9 attachments
- No chemicals needed
- Usable across all surfaces
- Versatile enough to cover all cleaning areas
- Powerful steam nozzle
11. LIGHT’N’EASY S3101 Steam Mop Floor Steamers
- Super lightweight design (3. 5 pounds without water) to ensure an easy and pleasant experience without compromising any cleaning capabilities. Ergonomics is simple,no swiveling, just pushing forward and pulling backward motions with a L-shape handle.
- Compelling 1150W high temperature steamer, provide the powerful natural steam within 20s, easy to remove stubborn stains. Only need add water into tank, insuring a friendly environment for the family with kids, the elderly, or pets.
- Wider mopping face,wiht flexible mop head, This allows faster cleaning and yet able to reach tight areas, suitable for all kinds of floors, especially for hardwood floor, while including tiles, laminate, vinyl and carpets floors.
- Say goodbye to messy mops and heavy buckets with the cleverly engineered reusable triple layered microfiber pad for exceptional absorption, steam permeation and optimum friction to remove stubborn stains easily. Optional carpet slider to remove odor.
- A quick-release cord - easy to store and release with the 20-feet long power cord,1 year 24 hours service, please contact us if you need.
If you’re looking for a very lightweight steam cleaner – this steam mop will definitely do the trick. The LIGHT’N’EASY S3101 is lighter than 4 pounds, allowing you for plenty of manoeuvrability around the household.
And speaking of which – it also sports a handy swiveling mop head. It’s able to rotate along two axes, though it won’t pull of a 360 degree rotation. It’s also incredibly powerful – the mop’s 1250 watts give you a jet of steam in only 30 seconds.
Once you start using it for the first time, you only need to pump the mop’s handle a couple of times to gather enough steam and start mopping away.
The mop will also take notion of your moves, as it will release more steam if you move quicker. And your floors won’t be damaged by excessive heating, as the steam stops as soon as you cease pumping the handle.
Unfortunately, this steamer only uses distilled water – but it also means there will be no hard wood residue. Furthermore, it’s got no adverse effects on pets, children, or the elderly.
This cleaner was also definitely intended for multifunctional use; it’s suitable for both tiles, hardwood and carpeting. No laminate floor will also be damaged if you clean it with this mop either.
It comes with replaceable microfiber pads that ensure maximum cautiousness. Finally, you’ll be happy to learn that the product comes with a year’s guarantee, in case of any malfunctions.
- Replaceable fibrofiber pads
- Extremely lightweight
- Powerful steam pump
- Swivelling mop head
12. Multi-Purpose Comforday Handheld Steam Cleaner
- ★Nine free accessories: Handheld steam cleaner Tools adapt cleaner to every situation, including stairs, carpet, clothing, car interior and rims, etc. Gets into hard to reach areas.
- ★Multi-surface use: Works on every surface including laminate, hardwood, fabric, upholstery, wall paper, car, window, ceramic, linoleum, glass, marble and granite
- ★Powerful hot steam: Heat and pressure gets the job done faster. QUICKSTEAM technology offers 1050W of power; providing pressurized powerful hot steam (250-270F) for up to 15-20 minutes.
- ★Effective: The Comforday steamer is completely effective and secured with a good lock and fit cap.
- ★Cuts through dirt: Tackle the biggest messes such as grout, grease and stains easily and quickly.
This all in one cleaner coming from Comforday is definitely one of the finest handheld steam cleaners in its lineup. Firstly, it boasts 1050 watts power, meaning that it can help you clean absolutely any kind of surface with ease; even more importantly, without any additional chemicals. There’s no kind of stain, grout, mold, or grease that you won’t be able to effortlessly cut through with this steamer.
It handles hard surfaces perfectly; you can use it to deal with stains and grit on marble, granite, laminate, ceramic, and even vinyl. There’s also no kind of sealed surface material that it won’t be able to clean.
And don’t think it can’t handle soft surfaces too. If you need to clean your mattress or bed, as well as couch fabric – this steamer will do it all gently, without causing any damage or tearing.
All of these surfaces will be completely sanitized, so you don’t need to handle any nasty chemicals to do it. And it’s great for taking care of stubborn wrinkles in different fabrics, including clothing like suits, pants and shirts.
As most respectable steam cleaners do, this product too comes with an assortment of attachments for different situations, areas and surfaces.
We’d be remiss not mentioning that this steam cleaner is also incredibly safe. You’ve got a handle with a safety lock, ensuring that no child can easily get themselves hurt handling it. Plus, there’s a safety cap so that no hot water gets out before it turns into steam.
13. Bissell, 39N7V Shot Hard Surface Steam Cleaner
- High-pressure Steam cleaner with easy-to-press trigger delivers powerful steam on demand
- 100% chemical free with no harmful fumes or residue
- Includes accessory nozzle, flat scraping tool, grout brush, angle concentrator, 3 color coded round brushes, measuring cup
- The heater warms up in 30 seconds
- Tank capacity - 6. 6 oz.
So far, most among the best handheld steam cleaners that we’ve reviewed have been multipurpose. Indeed, you could use them on all kinds of surfaces, with an average success quality. But sometimes, it pays to focus on one particular kind of surface while you design a cleaning device.
That’s just what the people at Bissel had in mind when they manufactured the 39N7V Hard Surface Steam Cleaner. This is an especially high-pressure product, allowing you to clean the hardest of surfaces with no difficulties. Its features are all specifically tailored to hard surfaces too.
Just like most other steam cleaners, it has several attachments. However, these are mostly to be used with extremely dirty hard surfaces. For example, you’ve got a flat scraping tool, for particularly nasty accumulations on flat surfaces.
There’s also a grout brush, and three other brushes for different situations. Lastly, you’ve got a measuring cup for water packaged along with the product. Its heater is definitely intended for no-nonsense, quick usage; being able to get the device up and running in precisely half a minute.
And although it’s primarily supposed to be used with hard surfaces, you can find plenty of other uses for it around the house. For example, many users have reported that it’s great at cleaning and defrosting freezers.
- Completely chemical free Hard surface attachments
- 30 second warmupHeater warms up in 30 seconds
- 6 oz. tank capacity
- Easy steam trigger
14. Handheld Steam Cleaner by Comforday – Multi-Purpose
- ★Free 9 Accessories: Our Powerful Handheld Steam Cleaner Set includes an exclusive FREE 9 pieces accessory kit which includes: Extended Nozzle, Spray Cup with Brush, Bent Spray, Funnel, Measuring Cup, Spray Cup for Door and Window, Towel Sleeve, Brush Plate, Long Spray Cup.
- ★Multi-Purpose Use: Our handheld steam cleaner unit is best suited for sealed surfaces including ceramic, vinyl, laminate, granite, marble, hardwood floors, and it’s great for sinks, stoves, counter tops, refrigerators, kitchen, floor, living room, windows, toilet, tiles, shower curtains, bathroom, pet toilet, car seats and rims, grill, BBQ, kids toy, mattresses, linen, duvet cover, fabric and sofa cleaning and remove peculiar smell without second contamination. Best Al
- ★Safe: 100% free with no harmful fumes or residue. Includes a safety lock on the handle and a safety cap for added peace of mind for your safety! Easy and ecological sanitizing in seconds!
- ★Guarantee: This handheld pressurized steam cleaner is an all in one streamer. It can be used indoor or outdoor. Your satisfaction is our guarantee, if you aren't happy with your purchase for ANY reason, let us know so we will provide your money back within 30 days. REMEMBER YOUR SATISFACTION IS OURS. Are you ready to try it out? ORDER IT NOW Don't MISS this!
As we draw near the end of our list of recommended best handheld steam cleaners – we’d make a mistake by not mentioning another product in the Comforday Steam Cleaner lineup. Similarly to the ones we’ve previously mentioned, this model also boasts a large variety of attachments.
With these, you will be able to clean a whole host of different areas. You’ll find a tool to be used with flat surfaces in the package; no floor square footage will be a pain in the neck with this steam cleaner attachment. Also, you’ll find that the steamer comes with different utility brushes you can attach according to need.
These are there so you can use them on specific surfaces; after all, you can’t clean thick carpeting with the same brush you’d use on bathroom tiles.
Just as with the last Comforday steamer – there are plenty of uses for it all around the household. Apart from getting rid of huge stains on your floors, you can make sure there’s no leftover gunk in your sinks.
A couple of steam blasts coming from this cleaner will send it all packing! Also, it comes with a really useful extension hose, so there’s truly no area in your home remaining out of your reach.
It can even be used for thorough dust removal on your living room upholstery. You needn’t fear you’ll soak any of the fabrics, as the incredibly hot steam will also dry the cleaning area.
- 9 accessories
- Chemical free
- Adaptable to any surface
- Able to reach any area
- High pressure steam nozzle
15, Linsion Muti-Purpose Steam Cleaner
- 70 psi, 1500w, 10ft cord cleaner uses pressurized steam for household cleaning.
- Naturally deep cleans and sanitizes without the use of harsh chemicals
- Provides up to 30 minutes of continuous steam with 212℉ degree.
- 10 versatile accessories including Floor brush, Ironing blush,Big nozzle, Copper brush, Round brush, Extension tube,Measuring cup, Glass brush, White funnel,Towel of floor brussh
- Steam-on-demand trigger with continuous steam locking switch. Shipping within the US only | 2 Year warranty.
We’ll finish this in-depth overview of steam cleaners on the market with a simple, yet effective device – the Linsion Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner.
If you take a casual glance at it, you’ll find nothing that separates this product from all the others we’ve reviewed above. However, while it’s not special in any specific way – its overall quality is what sets it apart.
Every single feature works as intended, and you’ll find that it’s able to withstand quite a lot of usage before it shows any signs of needing replacement. So, let’s get into the weeds of it.
First of all, it’s definitely bulky; but as a trade-off, it’s also incredibly powerful. Its 1500 watts are able to generate a jet of steam that’s pretty deadly to any kind of stain or grit.
And while you may have a harder time moving it around then some completely handheld models; the Linsion Steam Cleaner makes up for it by providing you with a 10-foot power cord. The 212 degree Fahrenheit steam can last for exactly half an hour before needing a water refill.
With that kind of power, no harsh chemicals will be required to perform a deep clean of any home area. And it also comes with a variety of versatility-focused attachments.
There’s a brush for ironing shirts and getting rid of wrinkles, a handle extension, a large floor brush, and even a special brush for glass. Suffice to say, this is an all-around great steam cleaner.
- 1500 watt cleaner
- 10ft power cord
- No harsh chemicals
- 30 minutes of uninterrupted steam
- 10 accessories
Buying Guide For Handheld Steam Cleaners
Now that we’ve established what some of the best options for handheld steam cleaners are, you should know the criteria that we’ve used to pick them.
After all, it could happen that you find another range of products, and need to judge them objectively on your own. With that in mind, we’ve prepared a short buying guide for handheld steam cleaners.
Firstly, you need to think about the size of the device that’s ideal for you. As you may have noticed, there are many kinds of sizes when it comes to steam cleaners. And every one of these is useful in some situation, or different household. For example, if you’ve got an apartment, you probably want to think about a steam mop.
These aren’t too big, and you can store them in a pantry or closet without taking up too much space. Plus, they’ve got more versatility than the larger devices; so they’re ideal for cleaning your floors.
For those who have a larger house, you should consider something heftier than a steam mop. The reason for that is simple – steam mops generally have a small water tank.
Meaning that, if you’re going to clean large floor surfaces, you’ll have to spend a lot of time going for refills. In that case, don’t go for any cleaner that offers less than an hour of uninterrupted steam. That will allow you to spend just enough time cleaning with a steamer that you’d need to take a break anyway; getting a refill for the device in the process.
Also, there’s another aspect to consider when it comes to the size of the cleaner model. For one, the bigger units almost always come with more accessories than the smaller steam mops.
You’ll get heads for floor cleaning, as well as nozzles and brushes for different kinds of detail work. In fact, some even arrive with upholstery and clothing attachments straight out of the box.
Apart from the size of the steam cleaner you intend to buy, there are also other aspects of the device you need to think about before the purchase. Sure, the size itself will largely depend on how big of square footage you’re dealing with in your home. But on the other hand – you also need to consider what specific features are important to you.
Are you intent on only cleaning floors, or do you want to do other household work with this device? Before settling on a particular model, this is a crucial question to answer.
Also, we’d be remiss not mentioning cost as a factor. It’s quite simple – at the end of the day, no matter how much money you’ve got; there’s a chance you’ve got a ceiling on how much you want to spend on a steam cleaner for your home. If that wasn’t the case, everybody would go around buying the very top models with all of the greatest features.
But unfortunately, that’s not reality; so you need to weigh the size and features you want against the expense you’re willing to pay.
Lastly, you should consider the value of the brand that’s manufacturing your desired steam cleaner. Sure, all of us like to think that we’re not concerned with what others think of our purchases. But in reality, brand value is an important factor in any purchase that’s going to see money going out of your pocket.
So, before buying, it’s not a bad idea to have a look at online forums and social media, and see how others feel about the product and the brand in general. This kind of online research could be the only thing keeping you from spending too much money on a product that’s not worth your while at all.
How to Use Handheld Steam Cleaners?
While we’ve spent a lot of time talking about what handheld steam cleaner you should buy; once you’ve got one, you may not know how to use it properly. And sure, the basics of these devices are pretty intuitive.
But that’s precisely why we’d like to take a moment to give you a couple of tips that aren’t as obvious – which many people fail to learn, to their detriment.
For example, you definitely don’t want to use a steam cleaner on any surface that you’ve just painted, waxed or polished. Obviously, the coating you’ve applied will just come right off. And though many like to clean their walls with a steam cleaner; remember that you risk peeling off the paint.
Also, if you’re using an attachment for garments with your steamer – avoid using it on delicate fabrics. Or, for that matter, on any clothing with colors that might run. You should check which pieces of clothing are capable of handling the steam and heat before using a cleaner like this on them.
And finally, as funny as this advice may seem – don’t use steam cleaners on musical instruments. In order to function properly, these items always contain a unique finish. So, while you may be able to repair the damage done to wooden furniture; your violin or piano will never sound quite the same.
How to Take Care of Your Handheld Steam Cleaners
Apart from what items are suitable to be cleaned with a steamer – there’s also something to be said for the maintenance of the device itself. And to this, we’ve got one important piece of advice; don’t use hard water to fill it.
In fact, we’d avoid using water from your tap as much as you can. There’s nothing that will ruin a steam cleaner quicker than a deposit of hard water; it permanently damages the machine’s tubes and its tank.
Even if you have a water softener in your tap; the sodium found in the water could also make the steamer unusable. So, use distilled water instead.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Finally, we’ll tackle some of the most frequently asked questions in the world of steam cleaning.
#1. Which handheld steamer is the best?
While people often ask a complicated question and demand an easy answer; in this situation, that’s quite impossible. That’s because each household has different needs, and thus a different steam cleaner.
However, we’ve provided you with plenty of choices here – so see which one is the best fit for you.
#2. Are handheld steam cleaners good?
Again, it all depends on what you’re looking for. Sure, they pack a lot less power than their larger counterparts, and their tanks are smaller. However, if you don’t intend to do huge spring cleaning sessions often; these come in handy for a quick run-through of your household. And when it comes to cleaning furniture, they’re extremely useful.
#3. Do steam cleaners really work?
Yes, absolutely. They use heated water to generate pressurized steam, which can get rid of even the most hardcore stains on most surfaces.
#4. Can I put vinegar in my steam cleaner?
Many people ask if they should put chemicals in their steam cleaner – including more natural ones like vinegar. And though we’ve stressed this multiple times in the reviews above, we’ll say it once more – do not put anything else than water in your steam cleaner.
Put any chemicals, though they’re not needed, on the surface you’re cleaning itself. But don’t pour anything into the tank of the steamer.
#5. Do steam cleaners kill mold?
While steam cleaners will clean mold stains right on the spot, completely getting rid of mold spores can be quite difficult, and may require additional chemicals. Read details here
So, what can we conclude from this in-depth look at the best handheld steam cleaners on the market? First of all, there’s no denying the fact that there are a lot of options out there.
And many of them boast incredibly similar features, so you’ll have to get into the details to see which option is better. Even more importantly – you need to use the buying guide we’ve provided above to see precisely what you need first.
But once you do – steam cleaning will definitely change the way you deal with dirt around your household!