Buying the best dust mop can be an easy task once you are sure of what you need. It is as simple as going inside your supplier, selecting the mop you need, and paying for it. That’s it. There’s nothing to it! Or is it?
To select the right dust mop for your situation will take some research. The many dust mop options on the market these days require much more reviews before you buy. After all, you wouldn’t want to buy a dust mop that is not the best fir for your task, now would you?
5 Best Dust Mop For Laminate Floors: Editor’s Choice
|1||CLEANHOME Dust Mop for Floor Cleaning Microfiber...||$23.49||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Eyliden Dust Mop with 2 Reusable Washable Pads -...||$23.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||CLEANHOME 36" Commercial Dust Mops for Floor...||$39.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Microfiber Floor Hardwood Mop - MANGOTIME Dust Wet...||$24.99||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Eyliden 36" Professional Industrial Mop,...||$39.99||Buy on Amazon|
Thankfully, this dust mop review and buying guide has you covered.
Whether you need a dust mop for heavy-duty or light cleaning, you bet there is a dust mop for what you need to get done.
Here are ten recommended dust mops that you can consider when next you choose to buy one[toc]
Best Dust Mop For Laminate Floors Reviews:
1. O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop
- HANDS-FREE WRINGING: Our exclusive mop bucket design features a built-in wringer that allows for hands-free wringing while Splash Guard keeps water splash and spray inside the bucket when wringing or when transporting the bucket from room to room
- MACHINE WASHABLE: The EasyWring Microfiber Mop Head is machine-washable and reusable! We recommend replacing the mop head refill every 3 months for optimal floor cleaning results
- DEEP CLEANING MICROFIBER: O-Cedar's EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop & Bucket Floor Cleaning System uses millions of strands of advanced microfiber to effectively capture dirt and grime with just plain water, eliminating the need for harsh chemicals. Safe for all hard flooring, including finished hardwood, wood, laminate, tile, vinyl and more.
- REACHES IN CORNERS: Due to the patented triangle mop-head and ability to rotate 360 degrees, the EasyWring Mop can reach and clean deep into corners, under furniture, alongside baseboards, and between tile.
- 1 REFILL = 3 MONTHS OF CLEANING: This offer includes 1 EasyWring Refill, and each EasyWring Microfiber Refill lasts up to 3 months! Save time and money with longer-lasting mop head replacements
The first on the list is the O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop. It is a mop and bucket system that is easy to operate and will give you a great clean for your floor. Considered among the best microfiber dust mop products on the market, the O-Cedar EasyWring is best for mopping hard floor surfaces.
It is made for comfort and ease, so you don’t have to bend your back to wring your mop dry. Holding the mop loosely and stepping on the foot pedal will get the wringer going to squeeze water from your mop.
A unique feature is its triangular head that makes it easier for you to clean corners. It also rotates 360 degrees to make it easy to maneuver and reach under furniture as well as in corners. The microfibers on the O-Cedar EasyWring remove stubborn grime and dirt from tile and hardwood floors.
Use this versatile mop as a wet mop for deep cleaning or as a dry mop to dust the floor and other areas. The O-Cedar EasyWring also comes with a refill which you can change every three months. You can adjust the mop handle to 51 inches even after you attach the mop head.
The O-Cedar EasyWring assembles quickly, and you can take it apart quickly. The foot pedal frees your hands from handling the mop when it is wet. That said, you might be less impressed if you normally work with larger mops. Although the O-Cedar EasyWring is not the biggest mop on the market, it is still one you may consider for your home.
- Designed with a wringer bucket that you operate with your feet, your hands are free from handling the wet mop;
- Microfiber is deep cleaning, and it effectively gets rid of stubborn grime and dirt;
- The bucket is equipped with a foot pedal that activates the spin wringing, so you control the amount of moisture in your mop;
- Also features a Splash Guard to prevent the spray and splash from spilling outside the bucket during wringing;
- It works well with the EasyWring refills for the O-Cedar mop.
2. JINCLEAN 24” Industrial Class Cotton Floor Mop
- 🧹 DUSTING SOLUTION - A soft cotton mop head is ideal for your hardwood, Tiles, Laminate, Vinyl, Epoxy, Bamboo, Marble and Wood Floor pick up a dirt, pet hair and debris like a duster. 24" Cleaning Path allow you to sweeper cleaning cover a large surface area in the minutes. The absorbent cotton yarn causes dust and grime to cling to it with ease. Use dry is suggested, damp with a little water can be a good solutions. Don't use as a wet mop.
- 👍 HEAVY DUTY - Dry Mop head is designed by steel wire 1/5" thickness and spot welding technology. Strong steel handle is 1" thickness and its length can be adjust the height from 31" to 59" Included cotton mop head machine washable however If you don't want dirty mop head in your washing machine please search on Amazon : B07236GFYC Or JINCLEAN 2 Pack of Cotton Refills
- 💲 WHY YOU SPEND MORE? - Reasonable Value with high quality make your industrial, Commercial, residential cleaning use. Factory, School, University, office, Home floor surface clean easy. Enjoy faster cleaning and dusting with no streaks whatsoever. 24" wide cleaning path provide you nice cleaning performance. DON'T LIKE CHEMICALS? – Our incredible cotton mop refill pads can be cleaning surface such as Hardwood, Laminate, Vinyl, Tile, Bamboo, Polished stone, marble without your CHEMICALS.
- 👌 180 DEGREE MANEUVERABILITY AND ONE TOUCH TECHNOLOGY - Swivel Stop and Go system (white plastic up and down position) enables steel handle 180 degree swivel position or straight stick position. Strong steel telescopic handle adjust height max 59" and one touch attached mop pad frame. Easy handling without tools.
- 🌍 When you order today you are protected by a no questions asked money back Guarantee for 90 DAYS by supplies. Check out customer feedback on this page.
From the JINCLEAN 24-inch industrial class cotton floor mop, expect an effective cleaning for your floors. It is designed with a sturdy steel handle that can extend to a maximum height of 59 inches. It attaches to the mop head in one easy snap. Assembling and pulling apart are also easy to do.
Easily the best dust mop for hardwood floors, the JINCLEAN mop is a time saver. You can cover your floor area quickly and easily with this simple to handle dust mop. It is a professional dust mop that is not the same as other dust mops on the market. Besides, it pivots so you can reach under furniture and in corners.
- Mop handle can extend to a maximum of 59 inches;
- It is simple to use;
- Assembly and disassembly are easy to do with this dust mop;
- A commercial-grade dust mop that can remove tough dirt and grime from most hard floors;
- It Works faster than other dust mops.
3. Large Surface Microfiber Flat Mop
- 【More Larger】: Our microfiber mop pad is twice the size of a typical mop suitable for large area cleaning. Size 16''x8.4'' . Save at least half the cleaning time.
- 【3 Microfiber Mop Pads】: This microfiber mop floor cleaning system come with 3 machine washable microfiber replacement pads that can be reused, rewashed, refilled and replaced, which not only saves you a certain cost but also protects the environment.
- 【Fashionable Color Matching】: New professional microfiber mop pad with blue and white,look more beautiful. Suitable for all floor types, including hardwood，laminate and tile. Wet and dry. Strong decontamination ability, the dust mop can absorb dog hair or cat hair.
- 【Professional Design】: The flat mop head is designed to fix the mop handle. The mop handle can be adjusted according to the height .With holes for hanging dry mops. Save space and more tidy.
- 【Instant Help & Service for You】: MASTERTOP Large Microfiber Mop covers with 30-day return back, 1-year replacement. Please searching for our customer support online,pls click "Contact Seller". You can get 24-hour customer-service help and a satisfied solution if you encounter any problems.
With a large surface microfiber flat mop, cleaning your floor just got easier. Not only does the mop pad covers a much wider area than standard dust mops, but this mop also extends to a decent length.
Even taller persons appreciate the length to which the mop handle can extend. House cleaning does not have to be a back-breaking task anymore. Not with this dust mop!
Furthermore, this dust mop has a rotating handle, so house cleaning is simple yet effective. The two cleaning cloths that come with the dust mop can be washed in the washing machine so you can use them again. This dust mop also comes with two mop heads for you to use.
- The mop pad is two times the size of the standard mop;
- It is easy to assemble and pull apart;
- The mop can be cleaned quickly and stored;
- The handle is adjustable so you can set it to any height you require;
- The package comes with one Microfiber Mop Pad, one Stainless Steel Handle, and one Mop Frame.
4. O-Cedar Dual-Action Microfiber Sweeper Dust Mop
- This sweeper dust mop features a flexible microfiber head that sweeps floors and baseboards in one motion
- Made with microfiber and ultra-dense chenille for easy dust, dirt and hair pick-up
- Eco-friendly and machine washable up to 50x
- Refills available
Another dust mop from the O-Cedar brand for your consideration is the O-cedar Dual-Action Microfiber Sweeper Dust Mop. This reliable dust mop is among the best dry mop options for your money. It dusts the floors and other surfaces easily thanks to its microfiber head. Your back won’t feel the strain of using this flexible and easy to maneuver tool.
Cleaning under furniture as well as in corners are also easy to do with this dual-action dust mop. Furthermore, it features microfiber and chenille technology that allows your mop to remove dirt, dust, hair effectively from floors and other surfaces.
- In one motion you can use this flexible dust mop to sweep floors and other surfaces;
- Pick up dirt, dust and other particles with the microfiber and ultra-dense chenille;
- Mop can be washed in the washing machine for as many as fifty times before you need to replace it;
- It is ecologically friendly and will not harm the environment;
- Uses refills which can be purchased.
5. Aootek Upgraded Stainless Steel Deluxe 360 Spin Mop
- Our spin mop dry basket is Stainless Steel, unlike other who uses plastic or aluminum. The handle is also constructed out of stainless steel for durability and backed by our 1 year warranty.
- No foot pedal, No plastic spinning axis, No other unnecessary moving parts (wheels, agitator) to break or cause leaks. Mop head wrings 2X drier than foot pedal version. Sturdy, yet lightest bucket out of all spin mops makes it easier to carry.
- Super microfiber mop head (x3) mops better than cotton, dries floor instantly, and leaves no streaks. Machine washable mop heads last 6-12 months. Can also be used as dry mop to pick up hair and dust.
- Dual-spout bucket and patented centrifugal spinning design rinses and dries the mop head without getting your hands dirty
- Now you can save time and effort as our self-wringing system allows you to spin off excess droplets with only one move; just push the handle against the bucket - mopping made easy!
Aootek Upgraded Stainless Steel Deluxe 360 Spin Mop & Bucket is all you will need for cleaning your floor in any room at home. Its 360 pivoting design allows you to reach corners, under furniture, and around any obstacle that may prevent you from thoroughly cleaning your floors.
The Aootek is super absorbent thanks to its thin microfiber mop head. Furthermore, the Aootek’s larger mop head covers more floor area.
Remove dirt, grime, mold, and stains with the best microfiber dust mop in the Aootek brand. Also, you can clean your floors without damaging them.
Not only can you save time doing your cleaning chores with this reliable dust mop, but you can also save on water. That’s because the Aootek Upgraded Stainless Steel Deluxe 360 does not use as much water as other mops.
Use this versatile dust mop as a wet mop to remove deep-down dirt and grime. For increased comfort, adjust the angle of the extendable mop handle to 180° for a better position while you mop.
- The mop bucket and handle are made of stainless steel so that they are durable;
- The mop’s wringer is better at wringing than the type of mops that use foot pedals;
- The lightweight bucket is, however, sturdy; It is easy to handle when filling and dumping water;
- Mop head is made with microfiber and is more effective than cotton in cleaning and drying floors;
- Clean and dry your mop with the dual-spout bucket’s patented centrifugal spinner;
- Uses a self-wringing technology to remove excess water from the mop (push the bucket’s handle to wring mop).
6. Nine Forty Residential Hardwood Floor Dry Dust
- Floor Mop Head is hand sewn in the USA from High Quality Natural Cotton Yarn
- Great mops for floor cleaning on all Industrial | Commercial | Residential Surfaces including hard wood floors; Heavy Duty Stitching Extends Mop Life, Improves Cleaning Performance and Launderability
- 36 Inch Wide Dust Mop Broom Quick Change Head is Ergonomically Designed to allow the Frame to Rotate 360 Degrees; Providing Maneuverability in Hard to Reach Places
- Aluminum Dust Mop Handle Telescopes Ranging from 42" to 72" Long; Allowing it to Reach Under Objects or Adjust to Various User Heights
- Residential Use - Natural Cotton is one of the best dust mops for hardwood floors; use as a dry mop to quickly collect dust, dirt, pet hair; We recommend you check with your flooring manufacturer before adding any floor cleaner (liquid or spray)
You may also prefer the Nine Forty Residential / Commercial 36 Inch USA Cotton Hardwood Floor Dry Mop for dealing with any dirt and grime in your home. This mop made with natural, hand-sewn cotton may even be the best dry mop for wood floors.
This natural cotton mop does not scratch or damage your floors. Whether your floor is hardwood or tile, this 36-inch mop head gets the cleaning job done.
When you purchase the Nine Forty Residential / Commercial dust mop, you will receive a kit that includes a steel frame, a cotton dust mop head, and an expandable handle made of Aluminum.
A useful feature of this dust mop is its 360 degrees rotation so you can clean areas that are hard to reach. Another convenient feature is the handle that can reach up to 72 inches, so if you are tall, the mop will be a great fit for you when you extend the handle.
So, if you want a dust mop that is versatile, durable, and easy to maneuver, then consider the Nine Forty Residential / Commercial Cotton Hardwood Floor Dry Mop.
- This mop works well on different surfaces, whether they are residential, commercial, or industrial.
- The durable stitching helps to keep the mop working for longer;
- Clean those hard to reach places with the 36-Inch wide mop that also rotates 360°;
- The 42-inch aluminum mop handle can be extended to 72 inches to fit different user heights;
- Mop head is made of premium quality natural cotton which is good to clean hardwood floors
- Versatile as a wet or dry mop to pick up pet hair, dirt, and dust.
7. Floor Spray Mop Kit with 4 in-1 Function
Another solution to your cleaning needs is this Floor Spray Mop Kit that comes with a four in one function. With this mop kit, you don’t need a separate mop bucket. This versatile mop product cleans floors, windows, mirrors, and glass. You are also not forced to use a single cleaning solution with this mop. Use any cleaning solution you prefer with this multi-purpose mop kit.
One efficient tool is all you need to get your floors and other surfaces clean. As a dry mop, this product is the best floor duster you could ever need to get the job done. You will benefit tremendously by using this spray mop kit.
For one, you don’t need to bend your back to wring a wet mop. Using this spray mop kit also saves on electricity (it does not use power or batteries), and you can reach every corner and hard to reach area of your home with this swivel mop.
Furthermore, you won’t contend with the spray bottle falling off as this mop is designed to lock the bottle in place with a bottle holder lock. Also, the spray nozzle delivers the liquid at the full width of your mop head at any angle you use. This lightweight and easy to use mop is made with high-quality Aluminum and plastic so that it is durable and robust.
- The floor spray mop kit is supplied with a 600mL bottle that you can refill. There is no need for a mop bucket;
- The mop comes with an attachment designed for window, mirror, and glass cleaning tasks;
- The bottle holder can be locked into place to keep the bottle from falling off;
- Versatile refill allows you to use any cleaning solution you prefer;
- Detach the cleaning cloth, and either machine or hand wash it so you can use it again and again.
8. 18″ Professional Microfiber Mop
- Completely Clean Your Floors! This microfiber mop includes all you need to leave your floors clean and streak free. Remove dust, pet hair, and crumbs from your floors with the dust mop, then follow up with the wet mop pads for a deeper clean. Works great with just water, no mop bucket needed. (mopping tips included)
- Easy-To-Use, Maneuver, & Assemble! Just stick the mop pads to the bottom of the frame, adjust and lock the handle in place to match your height, and you're ready to go. The mop maneuvers with a full 360° swivel so you can mop under furniture and in-between objects.
- Any Surface: Works great for dry or wet mopping on alll hard surface flooring types including: hardwood, tile, laminate, vinyl, stone, concrete, & more. We've even included 2 microfiber cloths, so you can spot treat those really stubborn debris!
- Extremely Durable - We solved 2 of the biggest issues when it comes to the durability of microfiber mops! First, we opted for a stainless steel handle instead of aluminum to ensure it will never bend or break. Secondly, the strips that attach to the mop pads on the bottom of the frame won't peel off after continually getting wet, we built them into the mop frame instead of super gluing them on.
- Machine Washable Pads - The mop pads and microfiber towels are made to last hundreds of washings without losing their effectiveness. A much better option than using disposable products. Order Today!
When you need to clean your hard floors deeper and faster, the best dust mop for tile floors is recommended. That is what you get with the 18-inch Professional Microfiber Mop. It also includes a stainless-steel handle that is expandable to any length you choose.
Use this heavy-duty mop either wet or dry. You won’t have any trouble using this mop on different floors, including tile, stone, concrete, laminate, and hardwood.
Millions of positively charged microfibers work together to collect the negatively charged dust and dirt. Cover more surface area with this 18-inch mop and remove dirt, debris, dust, liquids, and other mess from your floors and surfaces.
Furthermore, microfiber is a healthy way to get your floors clean as you use water instead of chemicals to do the job. Using this microfiber mop is also a time saver. You get the floors clean faster with this big mop. Conveniently, this mop is also compact enough to store anywhere without much trouble.
- High-quality mop for cleaning your home or office. Works on laminate, hardwood, stone, tile, and concrete floors.
- Microfiber dust mops clean more effectively than other mops;
- Wash mop in a washing machine and use it again;
- Versatile mop that collects dirt, pet hair, and other debris as a dry mop and deep cleans as a wet mop;
- Package includes two microfiber pads for wet use, one microfiber pad for dusting, one 6-foot stainless steel handle (extendable), one durable Aluminum mop frame, and two high-quality microfiber cloths free.
9. FlexSweep Commercial 24″ Heavy Duty Floor Squeegee
- Blades LAST TWICE AS LONG with Easy-Flip TM (Patent Pending)
- Power-Push TM Curved Floor Squeegee with Scraper
- All-Weather Sleeve Protects Your Hands
- Guaranteed Unbreakable Handle - One Handle For Life
- MADE IN USA (With USA & Global Components) Because We Live Here!
With this 24-inch FlexSweep Commercial Heavy Duty Floor Squeegee, you get the best performance from a dust mop. FlexSweep is known for making the best dust mop products on the market. It comes with a handle that will not break.
You only need to replace the squeegee blades as soon as they wear out. The double neoprene squeegee blades are perfect for wiping all surfaces, including rough flooring.
The FlexSweep floor squeegee is a superior product to other squeegees made of rubber or other materials. It clears water, sand, and salt from winter slush from cement floors just as well as it cleans dirt, grime, and debris from hardwood floors. Experience the comfort of a well-designed mop as you remove dirt and grime from your floors.
The FlexSweep is also durable and long-lasting (the handle at least). The broad squeegee head allows you to move quickly to finish your job faster. So, why hesitate to get this easy to assemble mop and get started on your floor cleaning jobs?
- The blades will last longer thanks to the patent-pending Easy-Flip design;
- The squeegee is designed as a curved mop head that moves effortlessly over any floor surface;
- Covers a broader area with its 24-inch;
- The handle does not break easily, and is long-lasting;
- It is easy to assemble and use.
10. 48 inch Professional Commercial Microfiber Floor Mop
- Kit Includes: (1) 48" Blue Premium Microfiber Wet Mop Pad, (1) 48" Green Fringe Microfiber Dust Mop Pad, (1) 70" Durable & Lightweight Telescopic Stainless Steel Handle, (1) Heavy Duty Aluminum Mop Frame and 2 Bonus Microfiber Super Towels
- Each Microfiber Mop pad contains hundreds of thousands of porous microscopic fibers that remove dust from floors and other room surfaces
- 48" Microfiber mop pads are washable and reusable over and over.
- Use the Microfiber Dust Mop to collect larger debris like pet hair, dirt and dust. Use the Premium Wet Mop Pads for a deeper clean. Microfiber cleans more quickly and thoroughly than other cleaning products.
- The 2 Bonus Microfiber Super Towels are great for cleaning anything and everything in your home!
Finally, on this list of best dust mop options, is the 48-inch Professional Commercial Microfiber Floor Mop. This simple to use mop is an excellent choice for large commercial floors, including gyms.
This durable aluminum frame is fitted with riveted Velcro so your attachments will fit firmly as long as you use them. The microfiber Velcro Channel frames fits every 48-inch mop pad designed for them.
Every mop is offered with a dusting and a cleaning pad. In the mop kit are an aluminum base that is extruded, an aluminum handle that can be extended to any length you need – up to six feet. It also comes with a microfiber dusting pad and a microfiber cleaning pad. You can attach them by Velcro to the bottom of the mop base.
- Handle extends to six feet offering more options for users;
- The 48-inch mop base covers more surface area so you can clean your floors much faster;
- Only the cleaning and dusting pads need replacing, so it is not too costly for you to maintain this dust mop;
- It is easy to assemble for you to get started;
- It comes at a reasonable price.
Buying Guide: Thinks to Consider When Select Dust Mop
As you decide on which of the many mops offered as the best dust mop for you to buy, here are just a few things you need to bear in mind before you spend your money.
The mop size – You might need a larger dust mop to handle bigger, messier jobs that smaller mops cannot handle. The wider mop heads cover more surface area so you can move faster on your tasks. Commercial dust mops are ideal for bigger jobs. If you need a dust mop only for the occasional cleaning, then you may not need such a large mop after all.
Some mops are supplied with a wringing bucket – particularly the dust mop that can be used as a wet mop. You can choose to buy a large, heavy-duty dust mop or to select a small mop that is just enough for your current needs.
The mop’s materials – With many dust mops to choose from, it should be quite easy to find the dust mop that is the best one for what you need to do. One way to tell is by looking at the materials that make up the dust mop.
Microfiber dust mops are among the best quality mop products for today’s market. Such mops are more effective in picking up dust, dirt, pet hairs, and other particles from your floors. Mops that do not easily fray or come loose are also better choices you can make.
Yarn Type – A cotton mop may be what you need as it is most popular for its cheaper cost. The cotton mop is also standard for most floor cleaning chores. The cotton mop is also very absorbent, as they collect up to two times their weight of liquid.
Whether you have light or heavy cleaning jobs, you can choose from a wide variety of cotton mops. Alternatively, the Rayon mop is a fast-drying and absorbent tool for cleaning floors and other surfaces.
Mops made with this material can resist mold or mildew, and it does not produce lint. With a rayon mop, you can pick up six to seven times its weight of dirt and debris. It is also an excellent finishing mop.
You might also prefer a blend mop which can collect six to seven times its weight because it is so absorbent. Growing in popularity is the microfiber mop made of continuous filament microfiber that is sewn into tubes.
These microfiber mops are the best choice for mopping surfaces without leaving lint. Also, the results you get for cleaning with the microfiber mop is superior to other dust mops.
The Floor – Selecting the right dust mop also involves considering what type of floor you need to clean. From the wide variety of dust mops to choose from, some work very well with particular floors, while others do not clean as well on certain floors.
So, if your floor surface is not smooth, you will need to consider mops that are designed for rough surfaces. Also, if your floor is hardwood, dust mops that do not pick up dirt well will not work effectively on them.
The above is just a shortlist of things you may consider when buying your dust mop. Other considerations you may have include the cost and the durability of your mop.
Since dust mops are usually quite affordable, you may not be too bothered about their longevity. That said, there are a few brands of dust mops that are advertised as long-lasting and durable for you to try.
How to Use Dust Mop?
With a dust mop, you can clean your floors quickly and easily. Whether your floor is a tile, wooden, or concrete, the dust mop will get them clean once you use it the correct way. Here are a few tips on how to use the dust mop more effectively.
- Take all your rugs off the floor before you begin mopping. Move chairs and furniture that you can move easily to another space so that you can clean the floor faster.
- Push your dust mop around your room’s perimeter in one direction. You don’t need to lift your mop while you clean your floor. Use a smooth and even motion to push your mop around. Allow your mop head to swivel to get at the corners.
- Move toward the middle of the room, pushing the mop as you go. Ensure that the whole floor is mopped up and you are not leaving dirt or other debris behind.
- Use a broom to sweep the dirt or dust collected into your dustpan. You may brush or shake out your mop head outside to get rid of any dust or grime that are caught in the material.
- Get a dusting aid spray and apply it to your dust mop’s head. Go over the floor again with the mop with the same spiral pattern as before. The spray you use will attract the dust that remains and help to get your floor shine.
- If your floor is wood, use a wood floor treatment spray for the dust mop and not the dusting aid spray.
- You may also sprinkle or mist a little water onto the mop head before you dust under furniture that you rarely move. This slightly damp mop will remove more dust than a dry mop head.
Different Types of Dust Mop
You can zero in on the best dust mop for your floor cleaning project by looking on the different kinds of mops you can use for dusting. Here are just a few options you may consider.
The Flat Mop:
This type of dust mop has become popular as it consists of a mop head unto which pads that can be reused or disposed of are attached. It is a convenient tool for quick clean-ups that do not require much effort to get done.
If you clean your floor daily, you don’t need anything but your flat mop to get it done. While your easy to use flat mop is excellent for cleaning corners, they can be a little troublesome when trying to get rid of dirt or food particles that are stuck to the floor. Flat mops are, however, easy to use and store away.
The Dust Mop:
A dust mop is a versatile tool for cleaning not only floors but walls and ceilings as well. Various materials, including microfiber, lambswool, and synthetic materials, make up these mops.
Also, you can use them for cleaning dry surfaces but not wet areas. Conveniently, you can reuse or dispose of the dust mop head.
The String Mop:
This is a traditional mop made mainly of cotton strings. These mops are very absorbent and have scrubbing power to lift stubborn dirt and stains. They can be used either as a dry or a wet mop.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Dust Mop
#1. What is the best floor cleaner?
To select the best floor cleaners, you would need to take note of the type of floor you need to clean. Special cleaners are designed for use on wood floors only and cannot be used on other types of floors.
Also, the different floors, such as tiles and concrete, require their cleaners as well. So, if your floor is wood or any other materials, check with your home cleaning suppliers for the right floor cleaner for your type of floor.
#2. What’s the best mop for tile floors?
There is no particular mop that you must use on tile floors. As long as the mop moves smoothly and removes the dirt and grime from tile floors, that is a mop to keep.
Also, you may consider a powered mop that comes with a refill bottle to spray your cleaning solution as you go. As dry mops go, you don’t need one that comes with a spray bottle. Dry mops made of materials that do not leave streaks or scratches on your floor are also good to use.
#3. Does mopping actually clean?
Mopping with a good quality mop will get your floors clean. Regular cleaning will keep your floors sparkling. The thing to bear in mind is that regardless of what type of mop you use, once you stick to your house cleaning routine with a clean mop, you should have no trouble mopping your floors clean every time.
#4. Does mopping kill germs?
Mopping alone won’t kill germs. You will need the help of high -quality disinfection to kill germs and bacteria in your home or office. Check with your suppliers for the best recommended germ-killing solution that you can use for getting rid of the household germs.
#5. Can you mop with just water?
You can mop with just water – if that is only what you need to clean your floor. If your floor is clean, to begin with, then it is OK to mop with water.
Also, for floors that you don’t need to clean with specialized cleaning solutions, then water only would be fine. You may, however, need a cleaning solution to remove stubborn grime, stains, and dirt as water alone will not be effective.
If you prefer to use water only for mopping as chemicals may be harmful, then yes, you can go ahead and use water only for cleaning.
So, there you have it. Useful information and tips that will help you to decide on the best dust mop to buy. With so many recommended selections in this review, it should be much easier for you to make up your mind on the right dust mop for your needs. Are you still on the fence as to whether to buy a dust mop?
Check out the information and recommendations again – you might have missed something important. Naturally, your final decision on the right dust mop is up to you. The floor that you need to clean will determine the type of mop you must choose to get the job done.